Auburn!!

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

I am pretty sure there are several Auburn alums and fans who hang out here. Feel free to use this thread to celebrate beating Alabama.

I'm no college football expert, but I feel like beating #1 two weeks in a row makes a VERY strong case for being #1.

Also, I have nothing against the Tide in general, but it's fun to see Nick Saban lose.

• Baller_

It was a game well played, but our defense looked out of gas by the end and Johnson was hurt. Good thing we didn’t have an OT. And Bama is still in the playoff conversation. All that said, AU played a hell of a game and deserved to win. The Dogs have a grudge and our next game won’t be easy, but I’m liking our chances. War Damn Eagle!

@Chef23 Daughter Grace only. Son in law Ricky went to Georgia Southern. He’s now an industrial engineer at Nautique, so the whole family now lives in Orlando.

Lpskier

• Supporting Member

The College "Game Day" signs were AUsome. I'm still laughing.

I was raised on AU Football. At 6 years old, I got a #88 Terry Beasley tear-away jersey for Xmas. Relatives still go to all the games, etc. WDE.

USC graduate, so Fight On ! Glad we didn't have to play AU or Bama this year.

• Baller
@Booze It's fun to watch him lose because he has the top recruiting classes every year. Same reason everyone wants Duke and Kentucky to lose in basketball. It would be fun to see how well he'd do year to year with 3 star recruits instead of 5 stars.

• Baller_
That is something I will never understand. I just can’t see getting so torqued up about watching other people play a game that one has to resort to crime (assault, property damage, intimidation, etc.).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
There's never much reason to get excited about football up north! haha (not condoning vandalism!)....I don't think UCF fans will be very rabid. We're hoping to make it a good game and be the last team with the ball. We've been recruiting offense, not defense. UCF followers know, we gonna have a tough game against Auburn. If we pull this off, we should be up a lot higher!

• Baller
Being the minority alum/fan in Alabama has great side benefits. When we are skiing public water courses, on Saturday’s when Bama is playing, the rivers are empty and the course is smooth. The Walmart fans, are a nightmare though. You can only hear so many 300 pound rednecks saying “we played so good Saturday”. So, you played football Saturday? I must not understand the meaning of “We”. UCF has a great program going. It’s fun to watch another Florida team on the rise

• Baller
I can’t stand football. But as a 2x UCF graduate I couldn’t be more proud of UCF. Sadly I feel they will fall off the radar next year since their coach is leaving. Sick of hearing how UCF is sub par and not a real school, essentially students just buy a degree there. Suck that my inlaws and every other UCF knocker!

Being from Nebraska and being a husker fan my whole life this was awesome to see!! the whole state here was rooting for UCF! There is definitely a lot of excitement around our football program again, so I wish Frost luck and hopefully the fans will be patient. Excited to hopefully have a good football team to keep up with volleyball team haha!

• Baller
UCF is trying to claim a National title for their perfect season. While I agree they're a good team, they didn't play any highly ranked teams (#16 Memphis isn't exactly a highly ranked team) all season. Yes they beat Auburn, but that gets them a top 10 ranking, which is about right for them.

• Baller_
@igkya Most teams lost to UCF by 30+ points during the season. In my book that makes up for a less then competitive schedule. What other teams have crushed most of their opponents to that degree? And "yes they beat Auburn", was not exactly a hiccup or just getting lucky. Not saying they should be #1 but....

• Baller

OH get a grip! Milton said that in jest. They are not trying to claim anything! They are just trying to voice the fact that it should be 8 teams at the end.

and don't tell me Auburn just wasn't into it...they damn sure didn't want to lost to UCF when everyone thought they would blow UCF away. All the sports knowitalls....Corso and company said pre game "auburn was going to win BIG". When they flashed the Auburn players bench in the 3rd quarter, you could tell they damn sure knew they were in for a fight! And imagine that...not a word from Corso and crew after the game how they missed that pick by a mile.

• Baller

After Auburn lost all 3 running backs, it was season over. Their quarterback is pretty good, for a young kid, but he cannot run a 1 dimensional offense. Since the Bama game, all any defense had to do was guard the pass, and that kid can’t pick that apart. Auburn’s offense is built on the run. With 2 running backs, Georgia would have been playing UCF. With none, even a good defense can’t win a game.

UCF has a great program, so taking nothing away from them. I just knew how the rest of the season was going to go when Auburn lost their 2nd and 3rd string RB in the bama game. Remember, Pettway was supposed to come back as their number 1.

• Baller

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/28/16709202/college-football-playoff-expand-2017-8-teams

Great article on why we need 8 teams, and why we don't too. I don't think we will see 8 for a long time...maybe 6 -8 years. Only ones that come to mind in recent history that the committee may have missed (TCU , Boise when they went unbeaten).

As the system is now, we always at least have the #1 team in there somewhere.