Off season workouts.

sixball

So I find myself not just doing A good workout but more often then not trying to do better then the day before. Do you find yourself competitive in your workout or just have a good workout? Most of my off season workout time is done at home on machines so its easy to see numbers. I even go back years to look at how things have gone over time. After all I am getting younger or do I have that wrong. Is it good to be competitive with your workouts?

• Baller
It's fine to chase goals as long as you aren't hurting yourself. It's easy to rush to heavy weight and do a big lift wrong, it's better to focus on doing everything correctly and using the right muscle groups. So long as you are lifting correctly you can be as competitive as you want with yourself.

• Baller
Hmmm MI... I would say snow skiing but not much out there. I do a lot of core,pull ups, clean and burpees. Wife is a beach body coach so we do Hammer and chisel, Body beast, Core de force, etc for off season workouts. Let me know and I would be more than happy to hook you up with some of them online.

• Baller
@bigskieridaho if you have a link to something online I would appreciate it. I have leveraged a trainer in the past but I don't have access to a gym within about 20 minutes of my house this year and am trying to figure stuff out without a gym. We are going to get an exercise bike in January and I have a pullup bar and a TRX so I am building stuff around that. I am burpee challenged at the moment due to issues with my hip that I am in PT to try and get resolved.

• Baller_

@Chef23 Mark, but your bike or whatever in front of the TV. Find an hour long show on Netflix that you really like. Only watch it when you are spinning, rowing, etc. you won’t have any problem doing hour workouts.

Hope we see you back at some tournaments this summer.

Lpskier

• Baller

www.painscience.com/articles/strength-training-frequency.php

One of the better articles I've read. I don't know about you guys but I no longer have the time for 3 times a week of lifting weights. I only wish I had this to read 45 years ago.

I have lost NOTHING in strength following this. 1set - once a week. I still increase my strength at once a week of lifting. After back surgery I vowed never to lift weights again. Well I can tell you this nothing makes me feel better than lifting weights. ( I absolutely hate running )