Perfect Pass for 03 Response lxi

aspski

• Baller
I am fairly certain the 03 is still a throttle cable. I would probably pony up and get it new. I put PP in my 02 LX with the Monsoon about 12 years ago. I started with Classic and upgraded to Stargazer. I would get a new Stargazer with zbox if you ski the course. If not skiing the course go with Stargazer.

• Baller

i have an 03 SLxi and those years are mechanical. The main thing that is hard about the Malibu is that a used gauge is VERY hard to find. Back in those days they had a split gauge - mine died and I think a lot of them did - it was a bad design. I actually put a Nautique gauge in mine to get by last year.

You can get a new PP gauge that says Malibu but it will only work with Stargazer, so you are really forced to buy new if you want a matching gauge.

• Baller_
@apskier : as noted the used PP market has dried up a lot. There are 3 sources for used that I scoured, SIA, Great Lakes Skipper and your basic ebay/Amazon search. Also note that older PP systems are really no longer being serviced by them, check their website news section for details.

• Baller
My gauge from PP is 10 years old and has moisture issues. When we have had a lot of rain and it gets damp under the cover of the boat it takes a few hours for it to dry out so I can see the gauge. I suspect I am going to need a new gauge soon.