Ski scene in Seattle area?

hbfs

What's the ski scene like in Seattle area? Looking at a move there and want to get an early clue in. Any info on best areas, what to expect for typical water/wind conditions and hours, and length of season would be helpful. I know Sammamish has a club and plan to reach out, was also looking for the ski ambassadors page (https://www.ballofspray.com/ambassadors) but it seems to be gone.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Seattle is the home of the most of the industry. There is a lot of skiing up there.

FYI - The Ambassadors project is not gone - it is just being re-tooled

Welcome to Sea-Town

I'm a Lake Sammamish Waterski Club member, but finishing up college in San Diego. I'd say the season is pretty much spring (April ish) to October. Best skiing is in July and August when all the lakes are very warm. Ski Park Lake and Broho Lake are popular placest to get time slots. You can also get a membership at Hilltop too I believe. Who have u been in contact with at the Lake Samm. club? Happy to answer any other questions - I love skiing up there. I ski at Ski Park Lake at least once per week and free ski early early in the morning on Lake Washington when I can.

@wawaskr haven't decided where to move yet, finding a suitable job first. But somewhere in Seattle proper.

@bigskieridaho I started trying my hand at the course last season, and prior to that had been mostly freeskiing. I am looking to get more serious on the course, but also still interested in casual recreational skiing as well. I'll pm you for more info

@shansen345 super helpful, thanks for the insight! I'll pm you as well, check your inbox

• Baller

I'm part of the Lake Stevens Water Ski Club if you end up on the Northend / Snohomish County. Hilltop is a good option up here too. We have a submergable course in Lake Stevens, although we mostly free ski during the week and do the course on the weekends. Our club skis a private lake in Eastern WA a few times a year as well.

As others have said the season runs from super-cold drysuits-only season in April/May through the awesome months of July - Sept and if you get the drysuit back out, October. Once it freezes we pull the boat and keep it somewhere warm for the winter. The lakes around Seattle are generally cold-fast water, especially early in the season.

Hit me up if you end up a north-end guy. Would love to shred the water with ya!

• Baller
@hfbs I would be more than willing to get you out to ski too. Like KRoundy, I also am up in the Lake Stevens area. If you are looking for contacts for the private lake scene, I can get you in contact with those as well. Cheers, Todd

• Baller

@hbfs ,

@RichardDoane ,@robscholl-OF and I all ski at Broho, down in Graham, WA (about an hour south of Seattle). No time slots, show up and ski when you like! I can put you in touch with the owner if you're interested in looking into membership. But there are numerous private lake options as well as the Lake Sammamish Water Ski Club which I've been involved with for years and stare at out my living room window...

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

We have a club on a public lake/course on Long Lake in Port Orchard (a short ferry ride across the sound or about a 1.5 hour drive from Seattle). The course is in a cut-out section of lilly pads that eat rollers; its mostly glass even when its blowing and even when the surfers are in the main part of the lake.

Feel free to PM if you want a ride; I pull all comers.

• Baller
My boy and I went on a shake ride today to dust off the cobwebs. The pads should be up enough to cut down the rollers in a week or two if the weather/temp holds. The course was only missing one gate ball so, we are pretty close to good to go. Its ski season again!

• Baller
Water at Broho is up to about 60 degrees - first Seattle area tournament is the first weekend of June. Washington state tournaments usually run through September. Water skiing in Washington/Seattle area is almost year round. On a GREAT day you can water ski and snow ski on the same day.....

• Baller
There is house for sale on Skiview in Olympia homeowners get unlimited access, and there is no rental program it’s 1.5 hr south of Seattle. Also there is another lake in the area called Maytown, they have a rental program that is very fair.