2017 nautique 200 5.3

tru-jack

• Baller
Getting close to getting a 5.3 200, and can't seem to get an answer: what are the rpms at 34mph? we ski a 5.7 200 and it spins about 3900rpm at 34 which is pretty high with lots of vibration and fuel consumption. Can someone put me at ease that the 5.3 is an improvement in this regard. Thanks

• Baller
The original Acme 1868 14.25" pitch was notorious for high RPMs. Most 200s that I know of have switched to the Acme 654 15" pitch prop on the 5.7L engines. That lowers the RPMs to the range mentioned by @bkreis

• Baller
thanks, not sure of prop on current 200. it's a member in our club, and not my boat. it's a 2011 I believe. it will be a slalom boat, not jump, but am hoping to not spend as much on fuel. currently have a 2007 lxi and it's great on fuel compared to the 2011 200. We're in Canada, and gas is expensive...

• Baller
I can't read the RPM on @Gloersen video. I'll be driving a 2017 5.3 this afternoon. I'll watch the tach on the ZO head. The factory tach is WAY off on the high side. Always has been.

• Baller
I have the 5.3 H5 in my '16 200. Shows about 3800 @ 34.2. No complaints about fuel consumption, much better than my previous carbed '92! It's a fantastic, torquey, responsive engine that fits this boat well!

• Baller
@tru-jack wouldn't the rpm be dependent on the prop ? I'm not sure if the engine will make any difference in that. I've noticed that my friends 200 with 5.7 put you about 3950 when a skier is at 34. That is with a 654 prop. Maybe in your situation with the extra power a 422 prop would be in order to drop the rpm say 150 ?

• Baller
@tru-jack , it’s the prop. I had a 2011 Nautique 200 Promo Boat and the RPM’s were so high that I changed the prop and then all was fine. Get the Acme 654 and you’ll be fine. I have a brand new one that I would consider selling because I need to buy a 668 for my 6.2 H6 Nautique Promo Boat so I will have a spare. To answer your original question, I don’t know my rpm’s but I “do know” it fixes the problem and all will be well.