Connelly V Made in the USA?

ShaunT

Ok maybe this is a silly question, cause I know Connelly make their skis in the USA, but I just picked up a New Connelly V and no where does it say made in the USA. But under the warning sticker printerd on the base it does have Made in Taiwan??? :#

i8lqd6vl8f7f.jpg

"I just saw a Connelly commercial where they say the skies are USA made. Guess they only mean the high end skies, like everyone else these days."

Bit misleading though dont you think? Not that I'm having a dig, I've basically always skiied Connelly and been a while since I bought a new one. But I must say I totally assumed they where all made in the USA.

How can you charge over $1000 for a ski made in Taiwan? The GT is $500 more than the Carbon V, so how much could it possibly cost if it were made here? Companies have products made overseas to save on production costs. Would the Carbon V be more expensive than the GT if it were built here? I would pay more for an American made ski, the overseas aspect makes it seem cheap.

• Administrators
@Spatch17 currently there's not a ski manufacturer that makes anything besides absolute top of the line (short line) skis the United States.

• Baller_

@Spatch17 Download the Virtual Slalom Skiing app. It’s designed for open water skiers and will enhance your skiing experience. The app is free and perhaps best of all: Made in America!

Oddly, I have had three conversations about skiing in Nebraska in the last month, and as recently as this past Sunday night.

Lpskier

@Spatch17 I don't know anything about this lake or course other than it's there, but there is one just north of the west bound road scale at North Platte or due west of Fremont slough state wildlife area just north of i-80, looks like there is a jump there also. Might be worth a shot looking into or talking to them if you want to find some course time.

@lpskier that is interesting you have had multiple conversations about skiing in Nebraska lately. For the little amount of water this state has hopefully the sport is getting a little more popular in this state. I see very few waterskiing, but I am not on any private lakes.

Sorry, not trying to get off thread topic.