Waterski app to track sets

Bill22

• Baller

Do any of you use an app to track ski sets?

I know a lot of you use spreadsheets to track fin settings but I am thinking of something really simple. Ideally it would have drop-down selections for things like; date, number of sets, lake, boat, ski, bindings, score, and a comments box. Examples for boat, I would enter options like; Dave’s 200, Corey’s MC, Jon’s 190.

Personally I wouldn’t need a field for fin length, depth or DFT, if I wanted to track a fin change I would add it in the comments. More advanced choices would include fin settings mentioned above, binding front/rear, ZO setting, wind, driver and others. To keep it simple it would need to give the option to save a set even if some fields are blank.

Some of you Ballers know how to build your own app, so what have you created? There is probably an app made for a different sport that can work for slalom.

I know someone is going to say, just use a spreadsheet on your phone. A spreadsheet would make it feel too much like work. I do have the DB fin app but it is not a set tracker.

• Baller

Pin and paper.

Been using the same book since 2008 when I started in the course. Apps come and go data gets lost or forgotten. Phones fall in the lake. I’ve tried the apps but never stuck with them like I have with my notebook.

I developed a set tracker app for iPhone/droid a few years ago but never put it in the App Store. The design and upkeep time did not present it self as a good use of my time back then for a free product. If there really is a demand from the ballers I could put things into motion to get it out there for you to use.

• Baller

@Bill22 yes. Instead of saving the data locally it would be sent to a data server. Each device would have to be linked to the same account/data.

This would take a more robust design but is possible.

• Baller_

This is still in the App Store. I think it's stores data remotely so it can be accessed on a new or other device. Simple, clean and workable . Have also used Google Docs as it is customizable to your needs and can be made into quick one tap choices like @scotchipman shows above. yyffc4ren1bn.png

• Baller
@Wish I have the DB app to track setup changes. I just want to record, I skied 2 set at lake x. Then at the end of the year I’ll know how many set I skied. Then look back at the end of the year to see my average score on ski A.

• Baller

minimu; date, number of set, lake, score.

Paul, the boat is not a must but it could be included in the lake category if that would simplify things.

Example of what a user could enter in the lake category;

Lk Anna/Paul’s boat, Lk Anna/my boat, James Rv/my boat, PLWS/ Corey’s MC.

Thank you for considering adding this!

Edit: a little more info. If I was freeskiing I would enter the day as one entry, enter # of sets and leave score blank. If I was skiing the course I would enter each set as a separate entry so each set got its own score.