Proper transmission fluid?

Tdub

• Baller
  • Baller
Yup hot tip for you though. If you buy a new mity vac get a tube of silicone caulk and cover the end of the pump tube with it. From the factory they use an epoxy and after about a year oil will start seeping into the pump and blowing out around the shaft.

One last transmission fluid question. I am very picky when it comes to changing the oil. Every 30 hours. Tranny fluid not so much. Been a couple years. So I ordered the pump @Oldjeep suggested and it works great, but I only got maybe a pint out of the transmission. My manual says 2 Quarts! Excalibur 330. Have I been that bad? Am I not getting the tube down all the way? Dipstick shows nothing. Help please.

• Baller
You will never get it all out, that is why i measure what is removed. You can try tipping nose of trailer up or down to get fluid to pool near fill. On my vdrive you raise nose to get more out not sure on a dd.

• Baller
I use just a cheap hand fluid pump you can get at harbor freight used a rubber stopper in the hose drilled a hole in it to fit a small semi hard hose I think 1/4" you can work it to the bottom get all 2 quarts. I change the oil in the engine first so I can pour the used trans fluid in the quart bottles to make sure I got 2 quarts out. I change it every other year. Cheap and easy

I finally added a short piece of copper tubing to the rubber tube that came with the pump that @Oldjeep suggested. I hit bottom of the tranny and extracted 2 quarts. Perfect.

Thanks again for the tips.