Ski Brendella

tlarocque

• Baller

Mike Brendel's first foray into boat making. Some great boats in their day. His fingerprints are still all over his current company. MB Sports.

It's weird. You never see or even hear of MB Sports in Wisconsin but you see a few Brendellas running around. Think there's still one left on my lake in NE Wis.

• Baller

That's at Clearwater Harbor which is on the Chain O' Lakes (Taylor Lake, specifically) near Waupaca, WI. I live in San Diego but my mom grew up in Stevens Point, WI and her family had a place there. She and my stepdad have a place of their own there now. I go back every couple years.

I didn't get very good pics but looking at it from head-on at water level that boat has some really pretty lines. Didn't know there was a Mike Brendel but now a couple things make sense. Thanks for that info.

• Baller
I owned one of those boats when I was in college. It was florescent pink and blue. Sweet wake at every line length. I believe I paid $14,000 for it new. The only downside was that my mom was upset with me that I owned a boat before a home. Everything ended up working out after all and I still own a boat.

• Baller

@tlarocque, should be easy to find one of those in CA, where they were built. There are three on craigslist sfbayarea, right now. One is under $5K.

@foxriverat, cool photos. I've seen a lot of Brendellas, but never the outboard/barefoot.