Anybody have a Powervest for sale?

lkb

• Baller

Still stuck with the Goode vest. Shoulder issues. Last year my hip couldn't handle the vest starts. Now the hip is better but the shoulder and knee are limiting factors. The Goode vest helps there.

Eric

• Baller
You looking for one for permanent or temporary use? If temporary, I'll loan you mine. I think it is size L. I'm 6'0" 180. It got me through a herniated disc recovery. Been in closet since (just in case).

• Baller
@ktm300 wow, that’s a generous offer. Thanks a ton! I hadn’t thought about getting a loaner but I’m just trying to get back on the water after biceps tendon reattachment. The surgeon released me 2 months ago but the first few sets left me thinking something’s not right so I have stopped skiing for now. I have an appt with the dr next Monday. Let me see what he says and get back with you.

• Baller

@lkb -assuming you had a successful reattachment and now can get full extension of your arm *without* problem then the power vest may not be that much help in the long run. overloading a bicep muscle that is stronger than its tendon attachment is what caused your injury, and that comes from trying to pull high loads with bent arms. if you relearn your ' pull ' phase so that your arms are always stretched out in full extension there should be zero danger of a re-injury.

on the other hand, if you try to shorten the straps on your vest so much that it will take over the load while your arms are bent you're gonna feel very encumbered in all other phases of skiing the course. work on getting your arms straight during the pull every time and you'll never have to worry about tearing the tendon off the bone again.

as always, imo.