Most Waterproof Sunscreen?

escmanaze

• Baller

So those of us with blonde hair and freckles have learned by now in life that SPF doesn't matter all that much. 15 vs. 70 functionally doesn't make that much of a difference. What matters is how well a sunblock stays connected to your skin in spite of hours in the water. So let's hear some votes for the sunblock that stays on the best after a long time in the water.

Obviously, #1 at the very top of the list, the undefeated champion forever is Desitin. But we also all know that there is no way possible to not look absolutely horrible for using that as your main go to. So, yes, this is a race for second, in order to try to gain a little fashion at the cost of hopefully only a little bit of function, but I would love to hear what brand you think is winning the race for 2nd.

Quick Note, please don't hi-jack this thread. Yes, we all know that shirt, bimini, hat, all that stuff is a million times better for the body than sunscreen - but sometimes there just isn't much choice in the matter and sunscreen is the only option; that's what this thread is for.

Thanks

have found clear zinc the best sunscreen a bit harder to apply but being rather thick.I

live in australia don t no if you have it over there .https://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/key-sun-clear-zinke-spf-50-100g?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpvzZBRCbARIsACe8vyKzSDrSQxn1KY8YjKH6ne_tPeL__RgSu5A8BnVAEmJHhBkT9JayWK8aArk5EALw_wcB

• Baller_

I am like you, or at least I used to be. Once I was blonde, but now on my driver’s license under hair color it says “fleshtone.”

I spend a ton of time outdoors and so sunscreen is key. Leaving aside a discussion of the chemicals I am putting on my body that my wife always wants to have, I’m a big fan of Banana Boat Sport. One application and you are good for the day. It wont wash off in the water, and it doesn’t run in your eyes if you sweat. The latter to me is more important than the former because you can always reapply, but once your eyes start to sting on the tennis court or the bike, there’s not much you can do.

Copperyone Sport works great too, but Banana Boat is as good and cheaper.

So, referring back to the first paragraph, do you suppose it’s the discussion or my body that my wife wants to have...?

Lpskier

• Baller_

I’ve had good luck with a sport sunscreen from our Meijer grocery store. They have their own branded products. They are only a Great Lakes/Midwest chain, though.

@lpskier, it’s the discussion. I believe that is almost universal.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
Rocky Mountain. Sticks plus fragrance free. They sell online in various sizes including a quart pump and a gallon pump (use to refill the smaller containers). I buy the 1 quart pump and leave by the door for my kids to apply on the way out. More often than not on the way out they grab at least some of it :)

• Baller

I guess I should weigh in on my own thread. Like the first couple posters, I've had pretty good luck with Banana Boat Sport with their "Powerstay technology". I've had a little less good luck with coppertone sport. However, seeking more, I'm now learning about what I call "boutique" brands of sunscreen like the blue lizard and the Sun Bum mentioned. I'm also looking at brands like Bullfrog, Solrx, P20, headhunter, zinka, badger, and LRP. I haven't heard of Rocky Mountain - I'll have to check them out. Thanks everybody and keep it coming.

As for you @lpskier I believe you are the only one with an accurate answer to that question. The rest of us have only to postulate.

• Baller

As a blonde blue eye guy in FL sunscreen is crucial. As folically challenged now keeping my scalp from burning paramount. I like the blue bottle Coppertone Sport best for sunscreen. It stays on in the water longest. I test every type that comes through CVS or Publix and just go back to the Coppertone. It's not the best sunscreen, though very good, but stays on in water the longest. I sail beach cat's (F16's) and are out on the boat for hours, getting wet, no cover and no time to re-apply. Skiing I usually stay covered or under cover till I ski so not as much an issue, ski from docks. Coppertone Sport.

An aside, if it's clear then sun still gets through. Only ones that really block the sun are not clear. Old school but the zinc oxide solid color cream (used to be only white) seems to be the best, stays on but also get on everything, slick. Used it a lot when I used to mountain climb in my younger days, particularly on snow.

Also, nothing beats hats and sun shirts. I know, I know, but there it is. In FL you will get burnt right through a regular shirt. Need the SPF ones. These guys to some good stuff Coolibar though they no longer do my favorite shirt.

• Baller
Coppertone just changed their Water Baby formula. While it does seem to protect, after a week of use my kids and I found that it dryed our skin out a lot. Our faces were almost raw by day four, especially my son and I. Going to try Banana Boat at the beach in a couple weeks. Please keep the suggestions coming, it would be good to have a couple options for a whole week at the beach.