Nationals Qualification Level 8

cacman

• Baller_
@cacman, I think you can qualify for Nationals with just one class C score above the cutoff average (COA which was set last August). I believe your actual average does not have to be above the cutoff, if you have achieved that one score since the COA was set.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

@cacman here's the rule -

B. Ranking List Qualifications: a skier may qualify for the National Tournament in any event or overall by being ranked Level 8 at the Cutoff Date, which is 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the first Thursday after the preceding National Tournament. The rankings average of the last ranked skier in level 8 at that time will be considered the Level 8 Cut Off Average for that event and division (See Ranking List Section of Website for specific details). A skier may also qualify for Nationals after the Cut Off Date by increasing his Ranking List Average above the Level 8 Cut Off Average for his respective event and division between the Cut Off Date and Nationals; or by attaining a score equal to or greater than the Level 8 Cut Off Average for his respective event and division at the Regional Tournament or at any class C or above event between the Cut Off Date and the first day of Nationals.

So you need to do one of three things after the cut-off date which was August 15, 2017 -

1 - You need to have a level 8 average at the time the cut-off average was set (August 15, 2017).

2 - You need to raise your average to be above the cut-off average which was set on August 15, 2017. Note that the cut-off average can be above or below the CURRENT lowest level 8 average.

3- You need to attain ONE score equal to or greater than the level 8 cut-off average which was set on August 15, 2017.

The same options are for any event and overall.

The cut-off averages can be found at www.usawaterski.org at the top of each division/event page.