Dear AWSA,Regarding Rule Books:

Drago

• Baller_
Digital rule books available on line. I keep the two rule books open in my phone’s browser and can open them in a jiffy. No need to walk around with a printed version unless you are CJ. Once you understand their organization, they are pretty easy to navigate.

Lpskier

• Baller
Anything that AWSA has that can be digital, should be digital. I don't look at the regional guide, I go the USA waterski and register for events in my area. I don't read waterski magazine... because secretly I can't actually read. Like most skiers I haven't read the rule book but know what I need to know to maintain my assistant judge and driver ratings.

• Baller_

How about another option: “ everyone should read and understand the rules, and review changes from prior year”

If nothing else people may start to understand the level of complexity involved in the sport. Every one of the sometimes absurd rules is due to something that actually happened.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

I do use the printed Regional guide as my primary tournament planner. Please keep it.

Waterski magazine is fun.

I print out the rulebook when I'm putting on a judges clinic. It's a good prop for the instruction. I might hook up a laptop to a TV next time. The online version works great when acting as chief judge or when answering questions on site.

Richelle causes the problems @Bruce_Butterfield mentioned. But that's usually in response to some proposal I submitted.

Eric