Early season ending - no water

Fam-man

• Baller

Went out with the crew last evening with the intention of moving the course into deeper water. We are tucked away on a public irrigation reservoir. Placing the course where we do gives us good conditions and is out of the way from the main use areas of the lake. Unfortunately as there is much more water going out of the lake then coming in the water levels have been dropping 8'-12" per week. Had a relocation spot in mind but decided to just pull the course because if the trend continues that area would be un-skiable in a couple weeks. It also has some fairly heavy fishing traffic which is potential for damage. We may try a different spot to leave the course in or start dropping in a pulling each use.

Disappointed in the early season end, had been making progress towards my improvement goals which is hard to do without regular course access.

• Baller

@LeonL 2 factors at play;

No significant rain for a couple months and temperatures reaching 35C (95F).

The irrigation district also changed their management plan, previously they would maintain a higher level in the lake by pumping water in, the new strategy is to drain farther and hope for more spring time fill.

• Baller
@Fam-man I don't think that is the issue. The water on our lake has been substantially higher than in the past. It could be down stream issues but we have been fighting this issue for the past 5-7 years. I feel guilty saying our lake has too much water in it.