Stokes EVO 2 Jacket

Tbone71857

Recently purchased a new Stokes EVO 2 jacket from June and Thomas Asher. Got to use it in the water today and I really like it. It's very form fitting - to the point of almost being too tight - but not too tight... I like the compression it offers for my rib cage as I fractured a rib a week and a half ago - hence, the need to buy this jacket. Wife thinks I look like a super-hero so that's a plus, too. I love the rib protection and I also like how it stays "put" on your body and doesn't creep upward into your neck and ears while in the water. Great product!

• Baller

Does anyone know the difference between the EVO 2 and the Nitro vest? To me style looks close to the same, but outer material may be the only difference.

Looking for a new vest and was considering these two as options.

@Tbone71857 what vest did you use before? Looking for comparison on fit, I have always used Eagle.

• Baller

What about this vest offers more protection for the ribs than others? I don't see any claims on the web site. Does anyone know of other vests that claime rib protection?

I have had my eye on the Nitro, and have tried one on. I like the fit and the slick material. I'm waiting for my current vest to wear down a little more to justify getting another. It helps when I drag it on the side walk.

• Baller

I would love to have one of these Stokes vests but I am too fat at this time.

I tried my best to get a size 2x (cannot remember which style) zipped up at Performance back in May but to much stomach and it was not going to happen. Performance said they did not think Stokes made a 3x at that time. I hope to be down a few pounds in September when I travel back thru Orlando on my way to Chet's. If performance still has a 2x I hope to be able to get in one this time.

oldmanskier

@slow, sizing is tricky. I weigh 168 - 172 and am 6'2" with an athletic build. When I spoke to Tom Asher at Stokes, he suggested the Medium was the right fit as he mentioned he was 185 and 6'0" and wears a Medium. To be honest, I think the M is very tight on me but it's a "good" kind of tight. I have a muscular chest and a thin waist line (size 30-31) so Tom said the Medium...if you're 185, you're bigger than me and I would recommend the Large at least OR give them a call. I left a VM and they did call back.

@ScottScott, when I did a Google search for rib protection, Stokes and a few other jackets came up. They don't claim protection on their site but when speaking to them directly, they said the EVO 2 will offer much better protection than a standard jacket. After wearing it, it is obvious that it does - A) the jacket doesn't move on you like a standard neoprene jacket would, it literally hugs your body like an Under Armor tight shirt and B) all of the floatation material is on the outside of the jacket and it's thick. By design, this is a more protective jacket than the standard jacket. Plus, as my wife said, I look like a "super-hero" wearing it - imagine if it was red - I could look like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

• Baller
I'm 5'11 & 185lbs and wear a medium Evo. It fits, but fits a bit more snugly than I would like. But I love the vest, and its durable as hell. I'm getting a large and giving my son the Medium. Great product

• Baller
Back in June I bought a Stokes Evo 2 vest directly from Stokes. @Thomasasher was super helpful recommending the best size for me. Three months later I'd like to say that I love my vest. It fits perfectly and it feels great. Thanks @Thomasasher!

• Baller
Thanks everyone for the good feedback on the gear. Every little bit helps to provide a great quality product for all the ballers out on the water. If anyone has questions on the gear feel free to contact me. I will be the one you speak to. We also have great dealers who can point anyone in the right direction. Cheers.