For your consideration and comment

• Baller

Just a freeski vid. Will try to get some decent course vid put up in the next weeks. I need to get a wakeeye or something, but until then I rely on my brothers who are as warped as I am, to video me.

This vid is obviously behind an older outboard, which is NOT nearly as good as my even older Malibu Response. But it was glassy, and fun, and I was trying to put together some decent freeskiing. Ready for your comments or suggestions. Other notes. The speed was slow. 31 was the best we could do on this boat. I was a little sinky on my off side it seems. Or maybe something else was causing that extra spray off my back leg on my off side.

The ARC is set up stock. I am trying to keep my hips up better by straightening that rear leg more. Also I am trying to get those hands lower more often and gain a better position. If all that is working, I might try to at least feel where the weight is on my feet on top of the ski.

Anyway, here it is. I like to think I can see a little bit of progress as compared to a similar vid shot on the same trip, same location, same boat, last year. But the truth will out. As they say.

• Baller

Thanks, @Andre . Couple things have helped. First of all, is in person coaching from @twhisper and also study and visualization of the information on his site, both video and written. Second is more course time and practice, and entering a grassroots type tournament last year to both push me, and hook me even more in terms of wanting to improve. Hoping to build on that with the rest of my available season.

and yeah, I am skiing course only at 15 off, and will hopefully be getting into 22 off soon. Freeskiing here at 28 off, I definitely did not maintain my width for course purposes. Good catch. I started pretty wide but obviously did not keep my width during my turns.

• Baller

@sunvalleylaw skiing looks really good. Your position is strong behind the boat.

On your offside it looks like you start to bend forward at apex and reach for the rope. This is causing the ski to stop and sink.

You recover into a pretty good stack for the offside acceleration.

• Baller

Looking real good. I've enjoyed your posts over the years, as we seem to be at a similar place skill wise, and I've learned a lot.

How are you liking the ARC? I've been on my Senate for 3 seasons now, and have been considering going to the ARC for my next ski.

• Baller

Thanks guys, for the look. I submitted the vid to TW and got a great analysis of what is next. Totally worth the money.

In the meantime, will take the improvement I have made. Just glad I can still improve and change things at this age.

@bigskieridaho , Crescent Bar, and Vantage, and Potholes, were always sunny side of the state destinations for us western washingtonians when the mildew was getting too thick between are toes. Fun stuff! And Thanks for the complement. You saw me very first ride this year. Behind your boat.

@scorban2 , I love my ARC. I am making good progress since I got it, so do not see a need or reason to change. I think it fits what I need well. It is forgiving when I don't do things right, and very rewarding and responsive when I do things better. Can't compare it to the Senate as I have never been on one. You are not near wiley's but if I was, I would be there testing some skis out. They have some good deals. The ARC is well worth a try! You might as well try the EVO too while you are at it.

@ALPJr , I first learned behind a full tri-hull glastron with a little motor we raised by hand. Then my folks got a nicer SSV hull 17 footer they had until a few years ago. We put a CASAD tow bar in the center of it with the support bars, and it made for a great boat for our needs at that time. That one finally died, and Mom replaced it with the one in the video. She goes out in it some with us. But mostly she bought it so we would come and ski out at her place and on family visits such as the one above. Kind of a reunion thing we do. My Malibu kicks butt on all of those boats, but the Glastronn was sure fun on that day for what we were doing.

It was super fun hanging out with these knuckleheads shredding around. (I am the dork all covered up like a bird watcher. ;-) But I live at altitude and hide from the sun these days. ) .

yndti73mbont.jpg