New Nautique does not have a tower option?

escmanaze

• Baller

That Mastercraft Tower is so simple, basic, and unobtrusive. I think I like their tower the best right now.

However, for the life of me, I can't find any pictures of it where it actually has racks on it and is actually carrying boards or skis on it. I assume it exists, but right now, that is still an assumption.

• Baller
@epnault Oh that's weird because in my search, I have seen a few pics of folks with speakers - always in the exact same location even. I just haven't seen any with board or ski racks. That would be half the reason I would want a tower would be to get at least 4 sticks out of the boat on the days when I'm just chilling on public water all day so...I am kind of not ok with that. I suppose though that like any other tower, you could just get the things that attach to the little pole there. I assume anyway - I guess I would need to test it first. But yes, for 90% of my days at the dock, it would indeed be really nice to just have that sleek simple tower like you show on yours.

• Baller
@LoopSki the X7 is a fiberglass and gel coat with reenforcement. The new SN is a carbon built ski boat. The materials are very different. Your talking apples to oranges as far as consuruction. The deck may not even be able to fit a tower correctly.

@dave2ball all boats require some blocking/reinforcement, proper fasteners and some thought to have towers installed. The more sophisticated the materials and construction are will dictate how specialized the installation has to be, but it absolutely can be done.

Now, whether or not you want the factory, a technician, or me to drill holes in the side of your brand new $100k+ boat is another issue all together... :#

• Baller
Sorry guys, but the new Ski Nautique is ugly, just like the new Response and Prostar. I don't care if its a "hard-core" 3-event boat. It, along with its extremely high price tag are helping the waterski community kill off any new interest. Unless your a club with an annual promo boat or a school, I could never see anyone purchasing this thing and saying how good it looks. Please don't give me the "it's a 3-event boat only" BS, because thats like buying a double wide versus a standard house and saying its a house for sleeping only!!!! You still live in it and use it for other things. Ugggg......bring back the SN200, the PS197, or the Response LXi........boats that actually looks good and skied okay.

• Baller

Lol it’s like asking who’s buying all the giant ugly wake barges, at $150k. Answer=every other house on practically every lake.

Fact is lots of SN’s and Prostars are sold and used for their intended purpose, you just don’t see it because a lot are on private water.

• Baller
@njriverrider I respect your option on the new style boats. But the MFG’s do need to update and there product to stay current with the times and trends to keep boat sales moving foward. The new designs offer better interior upgrades along with electronics such as ZO. Many MFG’s take the feed back from thir team skiers and make the necessary improvements to one up their competitor. Molds wear out in time and you can only refurbish them so many times before they are no good. It only makes sense for a MFG to put a new design on the market that will ski better and drive better with more creature comforts. Just like any new design it may take some time to get use to the change.

• Baller

@njriverrider I have 02 Response Lx which I love. My primary ski partner has a 16 Prostar and it is hands down a better boat than my LX. I can ski as well behind both but the Prostar drives better, has more room and for a beginning skier the wake is much more friendly. The only thing my boat has that I prefer is the trunk mostly so my wife can lie down on it when we are hanging out.

I am not ready to write the check for a new boat but we do generally ski behind my buddies boat and the look grows on you.

• Baller
@Chef23, I will agree that all the new boats surely drive better than mine or anyone else’s 18yr old boat, and I’ll also agree that of all the new tow boats, the ProStar is easily the nicest looking one. I just can’t believe how much the MFGs are driving their sales towards wealthy people that think these boats look good, and clubs on private lakes. While I wouldn’t mind being in the shoes of either, I think it can be said that many of us(majority) are not looking to spend anywhere near $100k on a new tow boat that literally has almost no option of being anything other than a “3-event machine”. I trailer my boat, I camp with my boat, I spend time with friends and family with my boat, and I surely wake up early mornings to ski the shit out of it! I just want a tow boat that’s an event course capable boat, that can be easily used away from the course. I’ll have to stick with the used market!

• Baller
@njriverrider like you we do a lot of various types of boating. I've trailered from FL to NC for some camping, we do a lot of skiing, but also bar hopping etc on various bodies of water. I won't mention all we've done with our Prostar so as not to accumulate too many dislikes... But, i can say it handles great in rougher water compared to my 18' now rider I had previously. It's obviously a great ski boat, but it has also served great for all round boating.