Is your PB behind your own boat?

Andre

• Baller

Skied my old faithfull 94 ,1750 hrs Prostar this afternoon .

Man,do i ski better behind my boat with the tiny wake that i m so use to.

Closest i got to my PB,4.5 @ 35,34 mph behind any other boat is 3.

Is your PB behind your own boat or one that you owned at the time?

Edit:@JackQ Good point! I ski 40% my boat,40% 04 196 and 20% split between an 06 197 and 03 X7.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
95% of my skiing is behind my boat, so I would expect my PB to behind it. But other than 4 or 5 times when I skied out of my mind, out of hundreds of sets my best scores behind an assortment of boats are within a buoy of less. 196 Nautique, 200 Nautique, Mastercraft, CarbonPro, new and old Malibu. However, obataining a decent scores behind the 2019 Nautique has been elusive.

• Administrators

@Andre

For many skiers a mid 90s Perfect Pass boat is going to be a lot easier to ski behind than a current spec ZO boat. Boat path and times might be humbling.

• Baller
My boat is an 02 196 with ZO. Ski partner had a 14 200 that I set my PB behind in 2016. He sold that boat and got a 17 200. I skied the 14 with it's new owner this summer and upped my PB by half a ball and tied the old PB a few times. I o ly skied with her 3 times this summer. Different lake different driver same boat..... Love that 14. That 14 was @skiinxs boat....

• Baller

@Horton

We could totally start a new thread called ''Is 16.95 behind a PP Classic boat as valuable as a 16.95 behind a ZO boat ...if you want?

But you didn't answered the question... ;)

• Administrators

@andre for the record I would love to ski behind your old MC. That is fun stuff. I have run 2 @ 39 in tournaments behind a bunch of boats. All brands. That is also my practice PB.

I did ran 3 @ 39 once in a tournament (my boat) but I have never turned 2 ball since so I do not count it.

• Baller

@Horton

Why don't you count it? If you ran 3...

Because you never backed it? By definition,a lot of PBs will never be run again.That's a fact of waterskiing life...sadly.

• Baller_
My PB (2009) is behind a MC. I tied it this year behind a MC. I ski all summer behind a 200 and all winter behind a Centurian. I rarely ski behind a MC except in tournaments, and even then not that often. I assume the boat in 09 was ZO since it was a promo, but I can’t say that for sure.

Lpskier

• Baller
Practice PB is behind my boat - 2@38 - havent had as many looks at purple this season...But i honestly can't tell the difference in pull between SN & MC...I can feel a difference with TXi, but not a negative one, but don't seem to ski it as well

• Baller
My best tournament performance is 2 1/2@35off 34 MPH behind a Carbon Pro two years ago. In practice, 6@35 off 34 MPH behind my '94 Nautique. Years ago before perfect pass, 2@35off 36 MPH. I have been struggling this year with slalom. I am on a new ski and I have yet to run 32 off. I could not get passed 3 ball in a tournament this year at 32 off. I have been trying to heal a sprained ankle and foot for the past few weeks. In Ohio and Pennsylvania we had snow until the last week of April. A friend gave me some new fin settings to try, and it has helped, but I will have to use the off season to get in shape for next year. I use the B2+ settting on Zero Off which I am told is the closest setting to match perfect pass. I can't complain about tricks, I had a tournament on saturday and set a new PB in tricks. This is actually my best season in tricks ever.

• Administrators

ironic that this thread is live at the moment. I was skiing with @ColeGiacopuzzi today. I ran some 32s and 35s and then on a lark I shortened to 39 so I could feel the gate. My non-consecutive non-tournament PB is now 3 @ 39.

In my book non-consecutive & non-tournament is like kissing your sister but still cool. It is the only the second time I have ever really turned 2 ball at 39.