2017 Vmax Binding Defect?

cwoodski

At the end of last season I purchased the 2017 Vmax direct connect binding to go along with my 2015 Syndicate V-type. I've unfortunately been too busy with work and since then have ski'd it maybe 12-14 times. This past weekend, 9/2/2018, on a normal pull I felt something off and dropped the rope and found my boot to be half ripped off from the base of the binding. I have not taken a single hard fall on this set up or have I put it through more than typical stress. Has anyone seen anything like this before or know of this type of issue? I'm a little disappointed to say the least for this to happen to a $300 binding I've used only a dozen times.

https://imgur.com/57qUADZ

https://imgur.com/bw7KgPX

https://imgur.com/Ue6IocY

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

• Baller

Edited Response: I don't know if this could help but on any VMax later than 2015 you can get adapter plates to mount them the regular way and avoid Direct Connect if you wish. The 2015s don't have this option.

FWIW, the local pro shop here always mounts VMax the conventional way using HOs adapter plates .

• Baller

@cwoodski We've seen a very small percentage of vMax with this problem and we discontinued this boot after the 2017 model year. Your first course of action should be to try and work with the dealer who sold the boots. Oftentimes they can honor our warranty directly with you in the form of a refund or credit toward a replacement. This usually get's you back on the water the fastest. The dealer can then work with us on the back end to have their account credited.

If the dealer is unable to assist or is inconveniently located, absolutely call our customer service department at 18009384646. We will absolutely get you into a different boot!

@DangerBoy This issue is completely unrelated to the Direct Connect mounting system.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@DangerBoy so the construction of all the hybrid boots involves at some point connecting a fabric material to a baseolate and this is almost universally a cemented construction (glued). We ask a lot of that glues bond including water resistance heat resistance mechanical strength uv resistance no outsource your assembly and hope the glue specified doesnt get substituted and that they open time between glue up and assembly isnt occasionally botched.

It would be nice to have some sort of mechanical bond as well but then again the strength of adhesives is awesome.