M6 MA state record

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

Just wanted to take a minute to brag about my long-time friend and ski partner, @MikeT.

In a recent tournament at Dubes Pond, he ran a ridiculous 1 @ -39. It's amazing when anybody runs -38, but for a guy in a cold climate who is 61 years old ... I think it's one of the more impressive athletic feats I've ever seen.

It had been 13 years since the last time he ran -38 in a tournament.

He also holds the MA state record for all 34-mph divisions, which he set in M4 at 4 @ -39. That's an insane score, but I think running -38 in M6 might be even more impressive!

He even got some nice local press coverage this week:

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/20180902/naticks-mike-tilton-finds-peace-on-lake-by-water-skiing

• Baller
@Than_Bogan Mike is skiing like I remember from his earlier years. Helps when your healthy- For those who don't know he has been through a lot of injuries, both unusual injuries and common ones to the sport. Sad thing is I was there and missed seeing him run it. Congrats to Mike.

• Baller
Well, I was one of the lucky ones who got to shake Mike's hand just after his 1@39...not sure I use "ridiculous" to describe that run...it was...well, awesome! Or to agree with @Than_Bogan how about ridiculously awesome?