Are you interested in elite skiing and elite skiers?

Horton

• Administrators

@Bill22

It is not really that I am walking a fine line. Unless there are a facts I report accordingly.

Using the Spain kerfuffle as an example - No one really knows what happened. I have stated numerous times that I do not have hard evidence that anything was wrong but the scores seem statistically unlikely. I have very good sources about what MIGHT have happened but it is all speculation. Trust me, I really really pissed some folks off with that story.

In other cases I have the facts and report exactly what happened and no one seems to care. The reason the scores were so bad at the Mississippi Big Dawg last year comes to mind. (the boats had the wrong GPS pucks)

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Yes I do listen/watch and I would like to keep up with the elite skiers in the sport. Additionally, some time ago you were doing interviews with people from the sport and I very much enjoyed those. Given a choice between the two, I prefer the latter.

• Baller

@Bill22 - My comments about details must have swung the pendulum too far. Not my intention. I was just reacting to the concerns of Jaypro and BraceMaker about unfamiliarity of tournament skiing or not knowing the details. When addressing a large audience, be prepared to not please everyone.

My comment about the site user survey is relevant, but may vary in relevancy depending upon the purpose and intent of DFC. If the purpose/target is to pull interest of all skiers while providing info to tournament skiers, then more context may be needed. If the purpose/target is topics for those who already follow/understand tournament skiing, then the current level of details is spot on.

Unfortunately, my comment about context earlier drew attention away from my main feedback to Horton: "the spontaneous, informal discussion format is part of the show's appeal. So, don't plan/script it out too much."

• Baller

@Horton about the audio. It seems like the sound is bouncing around your office. Try hanging some blankets on the wall to absorb the sound. If the floor is tile or other hard surface get a rug. Or buy a few squares of pro quality studio foam. (I am not a full time sound guy but I play one on Sunday AM)

@ToddL I made an assumption DFC "purpose/target is topics for those who already follow/understand tournament skiing".

• Administrators

@Bill22

That link did not work.

I purchased some foam a few years ago and it seemed like it did not help so I pitched it in the trash. I have since moved to another room that has a lot more "stuff" and it is better-isgh. I would be happy to try foam again if I did not feel like I was throwing away money. (Remember DFC costs time and money and does not make any.)

As a side note I was using a lapel mic for a while and switched to a shotgun mic a few episodes ago. Counter intuitive but I think the shotgun sounds better.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
The lapel, while closer, is probably an omni mic picking up the room sound as much as your voice. A shotgun mic is highly directional. So while further away, it will hear what it's pointed at substantially louder than the ambient sound of the room.

• Administrators

I think the fantasy skiing game is a good way to start following Pro skiing. If you're really not aware of who's who it's kind of hard to get started but I think once you get going it's pretty fun.

And I'm going to give away a couple of Baller hats for Forum members who beat my picks

http://fantasy.ski/Home/LandingPage

Drop a dime in the can