Anyone else having Zero-off issues?

MarkM

• Baller
For 3 weeks in a row my 196 nautique zero off is not keeping times, or losing speed mid course. If I disconnect the battery it fixes it temporarily until the next weekend. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Yesterday, the tournament boat was having similar issues. Is this widespread?

• Baller

@MarkM...Check your diagnostics page, which will give you a History of any issues, and Current Issues. I was having similar issues and it told me one of my GPS Antennas was dead. Switched to the single puck with Rev. S, best move I ever made.

• Baller

One of my pucks is failing. It's intermittent. ZO with bad data really feels horrible. Next time I get to the lake, I will try by backup puck. If that doesn't work, I'm following @Ed_Johnson and going rev S and single antenna.

Darn Russians messing with the GPS.

Eric

• Baller

@MarkM.....The Single Puck is $450 plus $50 for the Rev. S software. You will need the right Cable to download it. There is a thread on here all about it. I was lucky that the Nautique Dealer is 3 miles from my house and they had the cable.

• Baller

@Ed_Johnson

Thanks. I actually own one of those cables. So I can do the Rev S upgrade myself.

Why was the upgrade the best move you ever made? Was it due to the single puck, or the ability to use the new plus mode?

• Baller

@MarkM..... Actually both...My understanding is the single puck tracts more satellites at one time and therefore reacts faster. Also, the new plus system is a plus for us 200lb Guys, in that it picks you up smoother, accelerates you faster, and lets go of you smoother as well. Today I had a one ball where I came off the apex with a lot of angle and within a milli-second was across the wakes, and a mile away from 2 ball. I felt like a deer in the headlights. I am still trying to get use to it, and adapt a style to take advantage of it. I noticed some of the Pro Skiers looking smoother off the apex this year with the new system, ie: Will Asher, T-Gas, and Freddie, just to name a few. It fells SIGNIFICANTLY better. No longer being yanked up out of position on my onside turns.

• Baller

Resurrecting an older thread.

My ZO is having difficulty finding and maintaining speed. At holeshot It overshoots +3-4mph and then goes down -3-4mph then oscillates like it’s searching for the right speed, slowing and surging, over and over, etc.

I am running Rev Q. I did get 2-errors listed in the history, but today it occurred and there are no errors listed.

errors: GPS1_fail and GPS_BadPos

i did battery “hard” reset a couple days ago, and it worked a couple times then it came back again. It’s intermittent, sometimes working, sometimes never finding speed, sometimes settling in after a few extra seconds.

I’ve sent 2-web support requests and 2-support phone messages and no response from Enovation. maybe they aren’t open?

Before I spend the $500 and try to find a cable for the rev S upgrade I want to make sure my issue isn’t something else.