Rico

ballsohard

• Baller

Today at the Radar nation day at McClintock's ski school while skiing in windy conditions I had my first ever pass where I got through the first five buoys early but was unable to get my ski around 6 ball. At the end of the lake while I was chilling in the water I realized that for the first time in my life I have scored a "Rico"!

@rico

• Baller
I’m shocked, @horton is the one who taught me that when you know you are not going get to 6, turn 5, then stand up, and DO NOT get back to the wake for a full buoy score. Come up with an intelligent thing to swear at 6 ball as it is fading away, then avoid eye contact with the crowd when you get back to the dock.

• Supporting Member

@"Keith Menard" Pay no attention to this nonsense. Every PB is completely awesome!!!

That said, there is something to learn there. At the end of a pass like that you can stay leveraged against the boat all the way to 6. Actually I'd say you're anticipating the turn into 2/4/6 the entire way, but ESPECIALLY into 6 you shouldn't worry about getting the turn started because there isn't a 7-ball to get to!

Stay on it and get the hell out there!! :) Throw the ski out there only at the very last moment.

• Baller_

It took a little longer than I planned, but I finally got rid of my second Rico tournament PB. It’s been replaced with 1/2 buoy at 32 off and 36 mph.

New problem: both of the tournament PBs are 1/2 buoy at the next line length. I have to say that also feels somewhat lacking - to not even get the next full buoy. Have to work on that.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.