Michigan phenomenon

Shell

• Baller

Can anyone explain this strange happening in SE Michigan about noon today? @RAWSki captured this site ----- the water was unusual. No drops in it. No white edges. It almost had a mirror like look to it.

c5d1nvfyiu65.jpg

• Baller
my buddy and I have been getting out every night after work. The water's at least 10F under norm for this time of year, but my wife has been getting in serious driving time with nobody else on the lake.

• Baller_

We had our first tournament tonight. It had been rescheduled due to the previous date having rain, 25 mph winds, and a high temp of 55. Today was calm, rain free, and in the low 70s.

Water temp is still 15-20 cooler than last year.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Keeps raining and staying cold here in MN. Had the boat out exactly once and it was a no wake day due to high water. Been getting a lot of miles on the bikes and no hours on the boat. Hope it gets better soon, but until then.

rv3eesyqye8u.jpg

• Baller

@Horton It doesn’t look like that at your place because the sun actually comes out there.

Between the rain, wind, cloudy days, downturn in the auto industry, and road construction, I can’t believe there isn’t a line of moving trucks heading for the Michigan boarders.

On the positive side, we’re not using much sun screen.

• Baller_
@2Valve, the way that dog is sitting up on that seat, just get it to wear a hoodie and I think you’d be good to go all summer (should it actually arrive) without getting busted.

• Baller_

@RAWSki, you and @Shell won't believe this, but I have actually been in just a heater top and shorts. Skied that way in the first tournament on Monday and various (but not all) practice sets since last week. I'll also ski with just top and shorts at the Meijer State Games on Saturday.

And, I already have multiple drysuits. Always need a backup. However, with this weather, I may have to start buying them by the gross. I know I definitely need to increase my Camaro heater top inventory.

How true this has been one of the worst Michigan summers yet! when its been good we have had so much debris its hard to get good runs. Public lake. Had a night late May early June air temp @ 39. Hat to say it but even dug the dry suit out once in June.