Denali C75 Mid Review

Horton

• Administrators

No honestly guys it's not me dragging my feet. I took this week off skiing and I'm taking next week off skiing. When I get back I'm going to try to write about the ski.

As a point of reference there's two kinds of skis that I terribly struggle to write about. 1) Skis that I cannot for the life of me run smooth passes on. 2) skis that I just find incredibly easy to ski on.

It's easy to write an article about a ski where I have to have a unique focus to make it work. If a ski makes me think about it then all the components become clear & I have something meaningful to say about it.

• Baller

At the risk of sounding naive, ignorant or just not capable of discerning the subtleties of deep shortline, this is as fundamentally sound, controlled and just "beautiful" skiing as anything I have seen. 39 and the 3@41 like his opening pass. Am I wrong?

WOW @AdamCord, awesome!!!

• Baller

@Horton

Would you say you need to adapt to the GUT theory for this ski to truly perform or is it a user friendly ski. Seems like and looks like the ski turns like a beast but everyone I’ve seen on it is pulling like a beast too. Long and hard with late edge change.

• Administrators
What I'm saying is you don't have to totally live in Adam & Adam's head to ride the ski. @AdamCord has an immensely influenced my thinking in terms of slalom but I don't think that's a requirement for any ski

• Administrators

I am working on the review at this moment.

There are 2 kinds of reviews that hard to write. 1) skis I really hate and 2) skis I really love.

Give me a ski that is pretty good but I have to change my skiing a little to make it work - that review is easy.

• Supporting Member

What suspense? @Horton's running 38s left, right, and center on this thing. I'm pretty sure the problem is not that the c-75 falls into "category 1"...

Don't get me wrong. It's always fun to read these things and I truly appreciate @Horton's serious approach to try to get it "right," but I don't think there's gonna be a ton of surprises on this one!

• Supporting Member

@skihart Nope. I'm barely able to ski right now, so I'm just using my "old" Denali.

The information about Horton's success with the c-75 is all public.

I am incredibly eager to see how others are gonna do with it (eventually including me!), but I think we all know how @Horton (and @Triplett and @AdamCord and @adamhcaldwell) have done with it.

• Baller

I am skiing a C75 proto, apparently some subtle changes made since mine.

I skied well on it straight away, found it physically demanding so Adam suggested some setting changes which took some of the load away, went through a few fin settings before settling on boots forward to 28.5" from 27.75". Fin adjusted accordingly and now i feel like i can forget about the ski and worry more about me. I liked and skied consistently on the 3.4 Denali, especially with the cg fin in it, and not as well on the c65. I believe this ski is better than all before it and cant wait for warmer water to really feel it.

My son skis well on the c65, I guess the next step will be to put him on a 75 and see what he does!

• Baller
Best ski ever. The more I ride it, the more I learn. Finding things in my skiing that I haven’t been able to do in more than 10 years. This is the easily the most excited I’ve been about skiing in a while. I wasn’t sure I could create space in my skiing anymore but now I have to retrain myself how to handle space.

• Baller

Been skiing on one of the prototypes for several weeks. It's good, really good. Seems to glide and carry more speed than the c65 but still settles in really well approching the ball. It'll grab as much angle as your willing to take while still providing loads of support. Probably the most fun I've had on a ski yet. I'll run a 35off, 34mph on a good day. There's been more good days with this one.

I've had the settings all over the place trying to help provide some feedback to the extent that I can. Pretty much been ridable over a very broad range, but it gets really good when the settings get dialed. My last move was a 0.2" dft adjustment. I was very happy with my previous settings but the new ones are sweet.