2010 nautique 200 died- ideas??

Rivvy

• Baller

Ok gurus. I’m looking for some help. My 200 shut down this morning and won’t restart. Running flawless then just stopped at 34 mph. Has oil, appears to have fuel pressure on fuel rail, lanyard in tact, has gas. I’m speculating an electrical issue? After work I plan to pull plugs and investigate and look for spark, check compression. Any other ideas? No codes were set on diagnostic screen initially. After trying to start a few times a low oil pressure code set.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or ideas you may have.

• Administrators

Keep giggling the lanyard. My mechanic says he gets calls all the time where the final problem is the lanyard.

If that is not it call @Jody_Seal

• Baller
I had a similar problem on a 2001 Nautique. Ran flawlessly, stopped at the end of a pass and would not restart. Turned out to be a bad battery cable. Check the big easy stuff first.

• Baller_

Seen a number of cap and rotor failure along with having to replace the dizzy completely. GM utilized a very cheap plastic housed distributor. I replace them with a aluminum housed model but if you do beware the better aluminum unit has machined screw threads for the cap and rotor where the cheap oem has self tapping fasteners.

Replacement distributors from napa or orliys run about ,$90.00

• Baller
5.7L no warning just hatched. Wife was driving and just had a flowy pass. Boat died and didn’t get to finish my set. 1500 hours. I replaced rotor and cap with Napa ones. I did not know about an aluminum one. I wished I did. New one looks as cheap as the old. Way better outcome than I figured. Boat runs flawless again. 200’s just rock!

• Baller
I find the marine cap and rotor (with brass vice aluminum contacts) last longer and are more reliable. Can get at marine supplier or Amazon ($20, search G.M. distributor rotor cap brass terminals)