Thanks to Super Greg & the whole BD crew

Horton

• Baller

Overall, the feedback on the expanded format is positive. We kinda created a monster, but I would say it was a success. Since I qualified 18 it helped me out! Furthermore the round of 24 matchups were competitive and fun to watch. I am glad we did it

Greg and team put on killer events. CA is a long way for a lot of you but if you get a chance check it out.

I think the typical great 2-4@41' group of skiers that frequent the Big Dawg are getting old. Use to be the standouts would be fighting to get deep 39' when the Series started, then deep 41' was the norm, and now the scores are going down a little as no really high end skiers are coming up behind them. There are a few new comers, but not a big group of bad asses like when the Series was at it's peak. I do like the new format though! Letting 24 in compared to 16 adds a little spice to the Series.

Plus, the new Ski Nautique isn't loved by the skiers or the drivers compared to the reliable 200...as evidence as both new Ski Nautiques going down at the last event for micro tuners and a blank display screen!

The sport is growing at the junior level and continues to fall off at over 35 years old group. M3 EP days of 2 or 2.5@38 to qualify for Nationals has fallen to averages around 4-5@35 the last few years and this year you have to run a whopping 6@32' in M3 to make it to Nationals. It's almost embarrassing the quality or shall we say the "lack of quality" of skiers that can attend Nationals now.

• Baller

Wow?! this is a thread to thank the host who did a fantastic job making sure all his guests had what they needed to give it their best shot. Start a new thread for that stuff.

I was impressed that with all that goes on to put on a tournament at your home site, Greg skied his ass off and won....and his wife was the perfect hostess! Thanks Greg and all the volunteers/judges/drivers!

I'll be sure to come back when i have a bit more time to wander through the area vineyards!