Perfect Pass 3 event version 9

GAJ0004

• Baller
The three event has wakeboard mode. Trick mode is basically the same except when you press the arrow buttons the speed adjusts by a tenth of a mile per hour where wakeboard mode goes up or down by two or three tenths of a mile per hour.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Had (in different boats) Zero Off rev R, then Perfect Pass ver. 9, now Zero Off rev S.

With PP had issues with our shorter set up on one end with the boat settling in quickly enough and always got slack around 1 ball as the boat slowed. Frustrating as it ruined a lot of passes.

Talked to the guys at PP headquarters and they were super helpful but I never really got it working like I wanted.

So happy to be back with Zero Off. No screwing around, no complications, just precision.

• Baller
@Dacon62 9.0 still wasn’t great with short setups. I upgraded to 9.2 a while back and in my boat if I accelerate hard it stops accelerating so firmly that passengers heads will whip back and smack I to the windscreen frame when the boat hits set point. It finds set point fast

• Baller

I have upgraded to Z box 9.2 on a 05 196 and it works great, very solid times through the course, quick to lock in speed and very happy with the results. My ski club has 2018 Prostar w Zero off and I ski / drive those boats regularly and with latest Z-box 9.2 can not tell much difference. Both ski great.

@Dacon62 I went from 9.0 to 9.2 this summer in late July. 9.2 was a big upgrade! Locked in way faster and new Practise mode is easy to use. Like the new screen layout also!

@Windsurfnut @jpattigr I'm trying to dial In my zbox on my 01 196.

deffinatly dosnt feel like the modern mastercraft zo. Would be good to see both your background settings please might have different engines but could be a good start for me

• Baller

@KalebP check out the google docs spreadsheet I started:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UsM99RDC-YlpybtqcjCv1-0ArnljSR_lNVITXSYwElA/edit#gid=0

Mine is the very first listing and its VERY close. From what I have found, and determined from others, is that Ball 1 needs to be increased and Ball 3 needs to be decreased significantly to reduce the surge at ball 2.

I'm now getting good times, +/- .00-.03 sometimes at Ball 3 and Exit, but that seems to be more skier/pass dependent if you are skiing smooth or have to make up time.

Typically I'm driving for my wife or kids so I don't get to hear the boat / see the times when she drives for me, but it feels very similar to the 2017 Prostar I ski behind at times, and the few much better skiers that I have pulled behind my 196 have said it feels great, and the times were good.

Thanks @Windsurfnut was just about going to make a file to get some data too.

No worries @jpattigr your seasons ending while mines kicking into gear down here in New Zealand.

Just fixed voltage drop issue aswell so that might help will add to that document if any improvement.

• Baller
The newest 9.2 version is definitely worth the upgrade. I had high expectations for 9 and 9.1 based on what the company said but I think 9.2 is their biggest jump forward. My 97 196 locks speed in super fast and I feel less difference between it and my 02 196 with ZO than I ever have. Some of that could also be the ZO Rev-S but either way, it’s PP best offering to date.

I've got v 9.12 with zbox and perfectpass said this....

There are not really any major changes from version 9.12 to 9.2. The Practice mode layout changed slightly and a few other minor changes to the default settings. But as far as control goes there was no change to Slalom mode.

@aupatking yeah my 01 locks in speed fast as but course times aren't lookn or feeling good did you play with background settings on the 97?

• Baller

@KalebP when I did the ZO conversion to my 02 I took the PP out of that boat and put it in the 97. It was v 9.12. I had to get a couple pieces of hardware to move it from the Excalibur engine to the GT40 so I went ahead and ordered the 9.2 update as well. I just read that no change was made, but it sure works better/faster now than it did in the other boat.

I haven’t messed with background settings and ball-to-ball times because it feels perfect and end-course times are almost always perfect.

• Baller

I have the newest Z box in a 1990 SN that flat out rocks the other boat we use in a 2016 200 with a single puck the pull feels the same. I like C-1 Steve skis B -1 Pete skis A-1 we all us the same letter and # on both boats (I find that amazing)

great product easy to set up take out old box install new box replace gauge connect wires water test calibrate speeds

go ski 16.95-97 all day long.