Radar Union 2020

rico

• Baller
I wonder how much wider than most skis the Wide Ride was, are Radar going down this route, if I remember correctly quite a few people complained of back issues after riding the Wide Ride, but also a lot of people did like it at the time.

• Baller
I got a Union to play on. Haven’t yet but really looking forward to trying some goof-off -38 @ 26 mph passes. Our old Theory has been the Holy Grail of teaching skis. I’ve never seen a ski that more people learned to get up on and ride. I’m hoping the new Union will be just as good. It’s about 14 pounds lighter ;)

• Baller

@ejj Here's where it fits as I understand it.

Vapor - Tournament -fast speeds - performance - racing - skinny

Senate

Union

Katana

Butterknife - Freeride - slow speeds - chillin - fat

So...right in the middle of radar's line apparently.

Now I need some reviews on this thing. After yesterday's developments, I'm suddenly thinking I'm going to be in the market for a 65" version in about a year.

• Baller
Yep I understand the chart. The Union and Katana seem to be awfully close in every dimension. Must just be a shape difference. Or people were upset about the missing Theory and didn’t really buy the Katana so they reproduced it based on the current comp ski.

• Baller_

Best line up/system that Radar had going IMHO....

Vapor

Senate ..,slightly wider

Theory ....slightly wider

P6. .....slightly wider still

New to course skiing?. Start at the bottom of the pack at 24mph and work your way up the ski design and up the MPH. Never worry about a wacky diff feeling other brand ski as you improve and advance up the line.

now it seems there's almost to many skis to pick from.

• Baller
Interesting that the Katana has a tiny bit less surface area in the 67” length than the Union. I have been skiing the 67 Katana at 200 pounds at 30 mph and it has plenty of support. It is a fun ski in the course at slower speeds.

• Baller

@ejj Good point, I didn't even notice that. Like @Chef23 says, the 67" and the 69" are bigger in the union line than the katana line. Crazy. The shape is obviously much different though.

As @wish said, I loved the progression starting with the P6, but I'll disagree and say there are never too many choices.

@mbabiash You aren't comparing the same models (hence the pandas I assume). The 16 is a lithium (highest model of that year I believe) the 17 you are looking at there is the pro-build which does have the PMI core. If you compare 16-17 Lithium they are almost the same. If you compare 18-19 of the same "model" they are largely the same.