HO Omni who rides one, what is your experience ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hi Ballers

Does anybody ride the Syndicate HO Omni, what is your experience, I have read @Hortons review has it been tweaked since that review, I would like to hear how it performs for you and if you have or not considered changing from that ski ?

Thankyou in advance

• Baller
I have the 2019 syndicate omni 69”. I started back skiing this year after a 15 year layoff. Was on a GOODE with double hard shells running into 35 off when I quit skiing around 2004. I’m 53, 6’ 225lbs. Started back May 4th and skied the first month and half on the Goode before I bought the Omni. I started with the front syndicate hardshell and r-style rear. After about 8 sets I changed to a Wiley’s rtp. The Omni is easier to get up on and less work to ski on. It is what they say it is. A transition ski up to a tournament ski. After 3 days with the rtp I was running passes at 15 off 32mph. Unfortunately I injured my ribs and haven’t skied for 2 weeks.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy My dad (60yo, 235lbs) just jumped on a 69 Syndicate Omni two weeks ago, after struggling for a couple of years to find a good ski that was big enough for him. His last two skis were 68" D3 NRG and EVO. While those skis are perfectly good skis, they were simply too short for my old man, and if he wasn't perfectly positioned on the ski and not feeling strong that day, he would not run his first pass. His sets would go from not running 28off after a few tries, to maybe get down 35off.

The 69" Syndicate Omni has been pretty much a game changer. After 10 sets, he is consistently running 3@35, not missing 28 or 32 regardless of how he feels on that day or whatever other thing might be happening. Now, we are trying to find the right set up.

Currently he's here:

Today we'll try to go 30.5. The ski turns some killer onsides yet it doesn't dig hard. There's a flow to this ski that has really changed his skiing and confidence for the better.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
I have had the syndicate Omni for 2 years after a 25 year break from skiing. I am 51 5'9" 180lbs and ski a 67. As I was essentially starting over the ski gave me confidence to work on my turn. Very forgiving, but you can also load it up and rip it. It just stays there for you. @savaiusini help me tweak the ski and it has been great. 22' at 32mph skier. 28' off this summer @savaiusini !

Numerous threads on this topic if you search. I don't think I have seen anything that wasn't positive. The only thing I have read that was "negative" was that you wanted to use the ski for what it was intended for. Basically 30-34 mph, up to around 28 or 32 off. Faster or shorter you probably need to step up to the next level.

• Baller

For size, what are people finding nice for them (weight and height)? I'm 180 lbs, 6'4", working on constant 30 mph passes, and am on a 67. Currently running with the bindings back 1/8" because it dug at 2-4-6 (I'm RFF) causing me to break at the waist.

Edit: To be clear, when I was having problems it ends up I was running the bindings further forward than I thought. Bumped them back and everything is right and rain.

• Baller

@vtmecheng

I'm also right under 180 and about 6 1.

I'm running a 67 rff CG fin front boot bumped forwards 3/8ths. Pretty close to stock numbers but wing at 5.5.

What I did notice was my factory fin settings were way off. Ski felt good but once I checked them and fixed it way better.

• Baller
I'm on a Carbon Omni so I can't do much with the Comp fin. That said, I had planned to grind off the indents on the Comp fin so I can slide it back between the 1/4" increments. In the middle setting that is comes at the fin is forward of the stock location but back 1/4" would put it too far back. I'll likely pick up a Syndicate fin once I'm up to 34 mph.

• Baller

Check what those measurements look like all around.

You can shim under the fin with some electrical tape under the front of it's too long, under the back of too deep, you can modify those slots but if you do I would suggest converting at least one of the screws to a pan head screw with a star washer to bite into the top of the material a bit - I had trouble with them moving otherwise.

You can also try the differential washer trick from the denali guys by installing a thin washer under the middle screw on the left side of the fin box - not sure if that fin will be rigid enough to deflect the ski but worth a shot particularly if the depth is somewhat greater than desired overall.