Radar knotless mainline short?

Windsurfnut

• Baller

Just discovered my radar knotless mainline (the black one) is short by 7’ @ 15’ off!

It’s accurate up to 35’ off but after that all the sections are short by 6”- 2’ eventually creating 7’ difference at 15’ off.

Been struggling all season behind my boat, and other boats always felt like I had more line. Sure enough...it’s off. And most affected at the 22’ and 15’ off my family skis at.

• Supporting Member

That sounds a little bit like the labeling is just wrong? 15' is actually 22' for example?

I any case, that's far too large of an error to be anything other than an outright mistake, and I'm sure they'd be happy to replace it.

• Baller

Radar rope broke at the last adjustable line prior to the last rope to the handle. It looks like orange or faded red, 18 inches from 39 1/2 to 41 (I think). I went ahead and laid it out on the garage floor and measured it. It came up 2 1/2 feet short. So I'm a better skier than I thought (ha).

So I took an old section from another rope and put it on the end and got 60 feet (3 inches), but the 3 inches goes around the pylon and is probably 60 feet, right? see photo.

774vfmvv32w1.jpg

So I go get another rope, I have 3-4 extra over the years. This one is mixed colors and white throughout, no brand name. I lay it out to measure, it's not fully stretched, and seems short. the 22 0ff, 28 off 32 off and 35 off only added up to 19 feet and should be 20 right (7+6+4+3) see photo. Will these 4 sections actually stretch a foot? The overall rope from 15 off to the end, no handle was around 2 1/2 feet short. Would it actually stretch that far?

nqleexdgzxov.jpg

George A. Amonette

78 Water Oak Ln.

Jacksons Gap, Alabama

• Baller

The sections aren't actually even foot measurements. See the attached image - the last column will tell you how long each section should be in feet. Not saying yours is correct, but this will get you closer to knowing how far off, if at all.

74rcdvv93q4x.jpg

• Baller
Thanks for the info., but I was hoping there was enough experience out there that could basic say a rope will stretch approx. ?? (6 or 12) inches give or take. The chart is interesting to see that the actual 22 off is more like 22 6 inches off.

George A. Amonette

78 Water Oak Ln.

Jacksons Gap, Alabama