Blue falls for the first time since 2017 (practice)

RazorRoss3

• Baller
It's funny, I've been running 32 consistently for about a month now (consistently meaning 90%+) but hadn't seen a piece of 4 ball at 35 this year. Yesterday I focused on keeping my hips pointed down course as I approached the 1/3/5 (this is my off side so my tendency is to let my hips point towards the pylon) and by pushing my inside/left hip forwards I was earlier and wider to 1/3/5 at every line I skied and presto, first set trying to ski like that I was up the line 22/28/32/35/1@38, second set 28/32/4@35, my two best scores practice or tournament of the season. Looking forward to continuing to play with that and hopefully increase the count of successful 35s into the double digits this season (need 1 more to make it 10).

• Baller

Congratulations.

I just commented on the "Subtle, but very important technique" about working on the same thing, keeping hips open (not opening, but resisting turning in toward center) going into and through the offside turn as my (and I think many people) tendency is to close off the hips (turning in to center, or pylon.) That is also a reason the ski tips try to grab on offside, and people are quick to move boots back. I'm at a much different level than you, but same concepts... when I do it right, the ski snaps around into a perfect offside cross position.