When are the new junior divisions going to appear on the rankings list???

sunperch

• Baller
We are starting to ski fall tournaments and the kids want to see what the COA for Nationals is for the new G4 and B4 divisions. Is the COA date still the Thursday following Nationals? Are the new divisions available for scoring for entry in the fall tournaments?

• Baller
If I am not mistaken usually the ranking system only pulls skiers over when division changes happen once they ski their first tournament in the new division. Unless the powers that be pull them over manually it may be a while before we see a "full" list of the new divisions.

• Baller
@disland usually the ranking committee sets a threshold score that needs to be beat to start the record process. It keeps the dozens of submissions from this past weekend from flooding in. I would assume it will be easy to create using the current B3/G3 data.

@disland @MattP What's supposed to happen is spelled out in 14.02, which says, in part - "Whenever a new age division is created, or a change is made in the age ranges for an existing division, or a change is made in the performance conditions for an event for an age division, a benchmark score shall be established for that event, unless that benchmark would be lower than the existing record. This benchmark shall be the highest score achieved at the previous National Championships in that event by a skier eligible for the affected division."

And yes, the goal is to keep the dozens of potential submissions down to a reasonable level.

• Baller
@JeffSurdej thanks for the update, but it's the rankings list is more messed up now than ever. My daughter who is ski age 17 was in girls 1 ranking list last night, and is in W1 this morning. She should be G4. We are attending tournaments this weekend and scoring is not sure where to put her.