The beauty of our sport

ballsohard

• Baller

One of the things that I find absolutely amazing about waterskiing is how almost all of the prominent members of the community are very willing to help a fellow skier. They are willing to help the skier with their skiing via the internet or in person. This just isn't the case with other sports. This is generally true whether the question is about technique or ski setup.

I have reached out to and have heard back from Matt Rini, Nate Smith, Joel Howley, T-Gas, J-Mac, Jamie Calhoun and many more of you that are on the forums.

Every time that I have done so I have received genuine advice about skiing that has directly translated to me skiing better and enjoying the sport more.

• Baller

Yup. I've never reached out like that, but have had a few encounters with pros that have always been enjoyable. Not quite the same, but I've done Nautique Swervin clinics with Breanne Dodd, Nate and Ryan Dodd. All were great. I spend about 1/2 my time barefooting. Have been doing it since the 70s and stepped up my game in the 80s after buying Jon Gillette's book. In recent years, I have gotten to hang with John a few times and had a casual barefoot outing with him and 5 time world champ Rachel Normand. She gave me some tips that day that really impacted my bacerds footing.

3akkwmf0mvqx.jpg

• Baller_
Had Brooks stop by my hous to pick up an item a mutial friend had left with me for him. Was supposed to be a simple handshake and handoff of the item and off he would go. Next thing we knew he was in my boat coaching a couple skiers with no expectation of anything for it. It was great and so appreciated.