Leg Rash

Ski2000

• Baller

I may be the only one out here who has this, but it’s driving me crazy.

I have had a rash on my ankles all ski season. I got new bindings this year, and didn’t think it was related, but I had to take two weeks off of skiing, and presto, my ankles cleared up.

This week I was able to get back on the water and here comes the rash again.

Two questions:

1) Has any one else had a reaction to some bindings?

2) If so what can you do to keep it from happening? (Socks or ankle guards etc.)

I love my new bindings (Radar Carbitex bindings) and don’t want to go back to my vectors.

• Baller
Hey I've had some reactions before - usually for me washing them seems to solve the sensitivities - use some sort of performance fabric detergent for active apparel, I like Atsko Sport Wash - it will kill the funk in old stuff but also should strip whatever you are reacting to.

Lots of chemicals in new products. Very easy to understand why you are having a reaction. I agree with the advise to clean it well, in fact I would recommend a strong degreaser and follow up with something more neutral like a glass cleaner or mild dish soap solution, but if it continues, its your body telling you not to touch that stuff. I would be curious to know if the product was "made in China" or otherwise manufactured "somewhere else" you really don't know what processes and chemicals they use to fabricate gizmos these days.

• Baller

They are likely made in China so who knows what you have in them? Could be how they get rid of Roundup!

When I wore hardshells I wore really thin black lycra socks or some such. You might want to look into those to see if they create a barrier to the exposure.

I’m not sure where I even bought them any more. It’s been 25 years or so.