2018 Prostar (What would you be willing to pay for this boat)

markchilcutt

• Baller
Unfortunately, I agree with Keith. I am in the market, and today was actually the first time I read through specs on this boat to realize this has everything I want. But the color has been a non-starter. I also imagine navy seats get super hot in the sun. Maybe you can find a die hard U of Michigan fan?

• Baller

Perfect color for @bananaron !

Other than him, I would think you can either drop price until someone says “ok I can like that or deal with it”, or keep price up and wait for the person that wants it.

It’s a decent price for a MC tower boat with some warranty left.

Does it have a ski rack or back seats? Don’t see either mentioned or pics.

• Baller
lack of bow or rear seats is what made me buy a new Prostar. It was like pulling teeth to get a price and time frame to get them. seemed like all prostars I was looking at were either missing the front, the rear of both sets of seats. it sounded like a great concept that a promo boat owner could order the boat barebones and then the next buyer can add whatever he wanted. however it's not so easy to do so.

• Baller
Personally I like the color but you will rule some people out. If I was in the market for a new boat I would try to steal it from you. I think you may need to drop the price to get some action. I would think at 52.5 it would move.

• Baller

Correct me if I'm wrong Mark, but I think a Michigan fan is going to be really disappointed to find out that the "yellow" is actually quite green. As I understand it, this is much more of a "Seahawks" boat than a Wolverine boat.

I actually think the color scheme is really pretty.

@escmanaze Definitely no green to it. Some of the photos make it look greenish but its definitely bright yellow.

Unfortunately the photos are making it hard to sell.

The colors are a departure from the norm for sure. Everyone including myself are so used to seeing the same old colors (White, black, red, blue, silver, gray, Orange lol @Horton) over and over again on a 3 event boat that when you initially see these colors the majority of people in this market turn away.

I was hesitant seeing the photos (thinking is that a greenish yellow?) but still bought it sight unseen. Once it arrived at my house I instantly feel in love.

If this boat had a 6.0 or 6.2 in it it wouldn't be going anywhere.

The Cool Feel interior, decadence flooring and heated seats may be the nicest features about this boat.

• Baller
I think your price is already very competitive compared to the asking prices for similar boats on SIA. But then, many of those boats have been for sale for months and apparently haven't sold yet, which says a lot about how realistic those asking prices are. I think the 2020 Prostars with the 6.0L engine may drive the price for 5.7s down a bit.

• Baller

+1 for stay cool material, you have to feel it to believe it. TBS had that black prostar in ‘18. I was amazed it didn’t get hot.

I love the single color blue interior. Not a fan of bright yellow, if it was standard yellow it would be sold by now.

@LoopSki I heard the bow seats are standard equipment now.

• Baller
@markchilcutt call me, I may be interested in it. As far as the color, it’s a ProStar....anyone who don’t like it can ski behind someone else’s boat....and it matches me...people either love me or hate me and like the boat, I could give a rats arse what they think. I would definitely not pay for shipping however....you would have to pay for shipping to sandy!! Just sayin