Wakeye Mount Vibration

skihard

• Baller

Who owns a Wakeye pylon camera mount? I have one with an iphone mounted nicely to my pylon but the video is very shaky, even n the best calm water.

Were you able to fix it and if so how? Mine is mounted right to the swivel top on my pylon so it moves very easy and well with the rope but the vibration of the boat makes for disappointing videos.

a8eat0we0k75.jpg

olw3geveemsf.jpg

• Baller_
iPhone 6s is the last phone in the line that can shoot with the regular camera (not selfi) and be usable if not really good. My understanding is 7 and newer use an anti-shake system that is different. Something to do with magnets. Better for people holding one but not good at all for the high frequency vibrations u get through the pylon. Selfi cam is the only option for now.

• Baller
My iPhone X is horrible on my Wake Eye. Very disappointed... I was contemplating buying a new GoPro with stabilization but at $359 I feel it’s an expensive fix for something the engineers at Wake Eye should have rectified. I saw the stabilization platform ($119) they created, but again, paying extra to fix a weakness in the design? Am I way off base here?

• Baller

My android phone is fine on most mounts, but several friend's later iPhones are terrible using the main camera, due to optical stabilization.

For what it's worth... There are many videos on the web that show how to use a small magnet to lock down the lens. Seems legit, and can't argue with the results.

• Baller

Resurrecting an old thread here. I have installed a Ski-Doc Orbit on my boat and am struggling with the video quality. I’ve tried my iPhone 11 first and it was pretty bad. I grabbed an older Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and had similar results. The Wakeye app is working great, but the shaking is horrible. To get any video worth watching someone in the boat has to Hold the phone, which is really not the point.

Anyone using an older Android device - what can I try? One the Wakeye app I see no way to try the “selfie” camera in the app. What am I missing?

• Baller

Posted in another thread too, but any old Android phone without OIS works great.

Wakeye plus Google Photos plus a decent wifi connection when your boat is parked is magic for videos.

I use an HTC M8 in my SkiDoc Orbit. You can find this phone on Ebay for 30-50 bucks and it has decent battery life. Sample video. https://photos.app.goo.gl/732zUYVyyqdfaQXr9

• Baller

I am trying to use an old Android phone - the Galaxy S7. @UWSkier - I’ll send you an PM.

Update - the S7 does have OIS, so there is my problem. Guess I’ll see if I can find an older phone somewhere...

• Baller
I gave up completely with this mounting system. Tried it in 3 different boats and the results were all the same. The vibration in the video makes me feel like I have Parkinson's when watching them. It's sh*t!