What motor is this??

Wish

• Baller

I'll vote again. I don't see a fuel rail, as found in Multi port engines.

One other observation. In 2002, PCM switched from throttle body injection to Multi port. My boat is a 2002 but has the throttle body system. Talked to PCM some years ago, and it was a matter of using up inventory.

But I might have some questions if the boat in question is a 2003.

• Baller

I'm going MPI - the TBI would have to be centered in the manifold in order to avoid having vastly different lengths of intake runners from cylinder to cylinder as the fuel charge is injected at the throttle body. The MPI has the throttle body itself off center which is OK because the fuel is injected right intake valve.

• Baller_

You can identify a 343 from a 330 by how many fasteners connecting the throttle body/air Valve to the upper intake manifold. 330 has three bolts and a 343 has 4 and yes the calibrations are different.

No it is not a tbi, it is sequential fuel injection, 8 injectors and a controlled fuel rail on the intake manifold.

• Baller
How can you tell difference between a 305 and 350 of that era? My buddy’s boat is an 07 with what is badged as 5.0 330hp. I have a feeling it’s all labeled incorrectly and is a 5.7 350 ci 330hp Excalibur. It was probably one of the first SN to leave SECC with ZO installed new.

• Baller_
Helping a new neighbor and friend find a boat to use on the lake. He's lookn in the $10-12k range and came accross a 5.0 in an 03. So wondered if its ZO compatible since I've never seen that engine before. The one pictured at the top was in an 03 as well. Both slightly more then his budget. He's interested in converting to ZO down the road. But ZO is not imperative and the bubble butts are high on the list especially with the good reviews on the latest PP software.