Advice for Life

A_B

• Baller

My lake partner lost his battle with cancer yesterday. 59 is way too young. I saw this posted and think it was good advice for all to follow. In the pursuit of the next buoy, higher rating, newer boat, new ski, or hot setup, make sure you take the time for what is really important.

eb6wwrmbp9n3.jpeg

• Baller

Good advice. I work in a profession where we see life and death every day. I tell my patients all of the time "live for today, tomorrow isn't given". An accident, a bad diagnosis, who knows but it happens and nothing is ever the same.

Also don't save it all for when you are old or retired. Many old people simply lose their health or relatively pain-free mobility. They see me more than anyone else having saved all of their life for the privilege of retirement. Bucket lists are for now, not later. Sure, plan wisely for a longer life, but don't plan on being able to have all of the "fun" after your body wears out...cuz it will.

@A_B would love to know more about your friend so as better to celebrate his/her life. If you took the time to post this my guess is we are talking about a special person with a special family.

• Baller

Did you ever just possibly think for a moment that this could all be a dream all staged for our personal benefit? And that reality doesn't actually exist. Sorry about your friend but stories like this always make me wonder. It always worries me in that in the end how am I going to account to God for the life that I've lived or squandered? Was the lake that you guys have right next to the interstate?

• Baller

@A_B So sorry to hear of your loss. You can have a $100,000 boat, latest carbon fiber ski, a private lake, 10,000 s.f lake house, but it's all meaningless if you don't have your buddies doing it with you.

After losing several family members, three close buddies, and now seeing my spouse deal with it's continued torturing of her body, I'm cynical that we'll ever find a cure.

One truly has to live life like it's your last day on earth.

• Supporting Member

@A_B I am sorry for your loss. I am playing in "yet" another Cancer Charity Golf tournament tomorrow.

My good friend, Kurt James (KJ) creates a post he call "Truth Tuesday" Today's post on Kirk Cousins is especially fitting (if not chilling) to how much time we all have. https://www.truth-tuesday.com/post/what-it-looks-like-to-lead-a-life-well-lived

• Baller

Jeff was a solid standup guy. He was big into power lifting when younger and would remind you of Mike Seipel when he was footin behind the boat. Ran a successful store fixture business that was very demanding in the summer. He focused on his business and providing for his young family and drifted away from skiing a few years after we bought the lake. He and I duck hunted together and hit the bars before we were each married. An original river rat. We had matching ‘77 Nautiques, mine with light blue letters and his with yellow.

We shared a like of large luxury cars with kickass stereos. I helped him build me a Speaker Lab set of speakers in walnut cabinets over 40-years ago. They weigh about 100 pounds each and still crank it out today with some upgraded components.

Pictures below show about when we bought the lake 35 years ago and then just a few years ago when his daughter was married.

All of our skiing pictures together are pre-digital.

A lot of people will miss this guy. Until we hit the water again. Peace brother.

urknjg82ik9a.jpeg

ke2kq6p7bbh8.jpeg