New Edged In Water movie

jpattigr

• Baller

@Luzz and @MarcusBrown Just listened to your podcast together and thanks for sharing so much Passion! You guys made driving for 1 1/2 hours easy.

I was thinking you two need to work together and make a up to date version of the original movie "Edged in Water". We all still watch that movie at least once a year to get the hype on, many many non skiers have sat through it with us and then took an interest in our sport after. I feel showing off all the great athletes we have, and showing off all the disciplines of 3 event skiing can do more tp promote the sport.

Release it on Youtube, free download etc, Lets get HO, Mastercraft etc behind it!

@MarcusBrown you designed an amazing boat, some great skis and are getting amazing with a camera...@Luzz, you are very engaging and should be the voice of the movie, do the interviews, describe the action! Tell the jokes!

• Administrators
@jhughes pretty sure they made and released edged in water 2. I have a copy somewhere but I don't really know where you my DVDs are since I don't have a DVD player anymore

• Baller
I've been watching these again this weekend, still some great stuff. I'm toying with the idea of packing them up and creating a list of BOS folks who want to see them. I send them to the first person, they send them to the second, and so on to get us through the winter.

• Baller

@6balls ’Lightning’ is by Five Horse Johnson (heh heh) and available on iTunes. ‘Saturday’, by Assisted Living, is the best EiW1 tune IMHO.

I asked The Swerve Master about the prospect of making an EiW3, when he was staying here this summer...didn’t sound promising.

• Baller

Yeah @Horton beat me to it. I read this thread with great interest - I would also love a new Edged in Water or similar video. Like @jhughes, I bought all of those videos and can add a number of others to the list. I made a point to buy each of them in part to help and encourage those who invested the time and money to make them.

I suspect these videos are a labour of love; the people who make them most likely do not break even, let alone have any profit to show for their hard work. The costs here are vast, as is the skill set required to create the finished product. Even for a relatively small production, costs include music licensing, cameras, tripods, drones, lenses, microphones, lights, editing software and more. Skills include camera operation, sound engineering, scene framing, editing, drone operation (flight and filming), lighting and more.

The people who have the time, money, gear, skill set and the will to create films like those mentioned all in a single individual are relatively rare. (They do exist however - PJ McMillan comes to mind.) Rather than entire films, short edits of skiers put to music with digital distribution only is probably more realistic, and we see this from time to time such as the amazing HO ad with Winter in it made by Marcus Brown. While still a large undertaking, something like that would be far easier to create in every sense. I guess I'm as hopeful as everyone else for another full length film similar to those mentioned, but I'm not holding my breath for it.