Show off your trick ski ?

gsm_peter

• Baller

@gsm_peter heal straps are WAY more common than you think. :)Check out the instagram feed now with the feature boards shot.

As for what specific tricks; i personally feel "more connected" during flips with the heal strap. Not needed but provides a nice "feel". to each their own but i do like @Jody_Seal 's set up

@gsm_peter sorry for the delay. Busy week! I agree with what everybody said about it providing more control on flips. For me I could do most of my flips without the heel strap I am using but I think my control would be much less specifically on front flips and any flip taking off backwards. The extra connection to the back of your rear foot when trying to pull the tail of the ski around on a frontflip helps a lot! Same thing on the take off of a backflip taking off backwards. The heel strap allows you to have a crisp and more powerful release from the back of the ski.

As for the setup, I use the toestrap of a snowboard binding that I can ratchet myself into. I attach both ends to a short strap I cut off of a duffel bag and then attach it to my trick plate.

• Baller

vk7xx422k287.jpg

Crazy wintertime project (note the snow in Tahoe). A giant but legal trick ski. Works well for surface turns at very slow speeds (14 to 15mph). Not great for wake tricks but they were possible going faster (17mph). A converted kids wakeboard.

Eric

• Baller

Cut 'n Jump Trickster Competitions in mint condition. From the early 70s I think? Only skied on twice for a very short period of time each time. The guy I bought them from said he bought them new thinking they'd be a heap 'o fun but they absolutely kicked his ass both times he tried them. To avoid serious injury, he gave up trying to ride them after the second attempt and never tried to ski on them again. He finally decided to sell them a few years ago and I gladly took them off his hands. They are in flawless condition.

s8datifuptyr.jpg