FlowPoint TV

MarcusBrown

• Baller_

Hey guys, wanted to share this interview I got to do with Wade Cox back in the fall.

Its not often, that someone gets to sit-down with one of their childhood Heroes.... The coolest part was getting to walk away from this talk, with more respect and admiration for Wade than I previously had. He's humble, he's kind, he cares about helping people on and off the water, and yet he's still got a little bit of that fire that made him such a legend on the water.

Hope you all enjoy this one!

Wade Cox was one of the most dominant water skiers in the history of the sport. He was the ProTour Champion in 1995 and 1996, 3-time Masters Champion, earned 47 Professional Slalom Titles, and was inducted into the Water Ski Hall of Fame in 2012.

To be honest, Wade inspired countless skiers throughout his years on the Pro Tour and on ESPN. The rivalry between Wade and Andy Mapple was unmatched....and unfortunately for the rest of the slalom skiers at the time, the two of these guys were almost unbeatable. Out of a run of 60 pro events, Andy won 29, Wade won 22, and the rest of the field only won 9.

It is our great honor to get to share this full interview with you. We hope you enjoy one of the greatest characters the sport has ever seen!

• Baller_

@Bulldog @MuskokaKy Thanks guys.

Trying to create stuff that is entertaining, interesting and hopefully a bit informative. I know @Luzz is trying to do the same.

Fun to see content creation diversifying with Matteo's podcasts, Horton/Trent show, Rini and the Ultimate Skier series, Vince and Tony with the webcasts, all the collegiate teams producing content, etc... In the absence of water skiing on mainstream TV (which is where I first saw Wade Cox, and became a key reason I wanted to water ski) I think this new form of content creation is one of our best hopes of growing the sport. And I do think growing the sport is a good thing.

Over the weekend, I had the good fortune of doing a live premiere, with HO Skis, of the latest Collegiate Waterskiing FlowPoint episode, in front of 250+ water skiers that were all under the age of 25. It was pretty sweet!

And it gave me hope that there is a future generation of enthusiastic skiers, ready to fill in when we all begin to fade out...

Although I will say, the fact that @Horton dad was still jumping at age 98, I don't think he or BOS is going to fade anytime soon.

• Baller
Wow wow just wow. I remember getting a new issue of Waterski Mag in 94/95 and doing my usual flip through all of the photos first and getting to about the 10th page and there were already like 6 photos, the cover and 4 or 5 ads with Wade, and saying to myself out loud - ‘holy shit Wade’. We were so lucky to have him come to our pond for some lessons a few years ago. Great job @MarcusBrown !

• Baller

I'm on board, totally agree with all the accolades and compliments for the FlowPoint series. However, MB, why the need to curse as a profane sailor talking to his friends? I've noticed it in every episode and wonder what kids must be thinking as they watch. You know, the very kids we want to educate and remember our history as a sport as they are watching an X rated for language series.

I understand I'm the fuddyduddy, way behind the Hollywood standard of "everyone talks like this". But they don't, and you have a chance to be different, Marcus, a chance to bring a little civility into the conversation without the F word being a requirement for one on one conversation.

You can't control your subject's language, without editing, but you certainly can control yours, setting a great example for kids that yes, it's possible to express yourself and converse without copying cable TV and embarrassing Popeye the Sailor Man.

Carry on, please.

• Baller

@lhoover come to Wall Street or Bay Street; we will show you what cursing really is :) You really are a "fuddyduddy" LMAO. but thanks for the new word. This will surely screw with a few peoples minds when i call them that; except i have to add a F bomb in front for impact ;)

Carrying on, thank you

• Baller
Thanks for speaking up @lhoover. I’m totally in your corner on this one. It’s really disappointing that profanity has become so prevalent in our society. Marcus I hope you’ll take this as constructive criticism. Thanks

• Baller_

@lhoover @kc @LOTW I hear you. I do. And I'll make an effort to curtail my natural instincts in that department. But I do need to apologize, in advance, for the coming weeks of podcasts....as they have already been recorded, and I cannot go back and undo the words that were said.

I would like to note real quick, that if kids hear me say a few curse words every so often, I think that's quite a bit better than hammering back alcohol in front of them by the lakeside every weekend. Also, if a kid decides to watch/listen to an hour long interview about the sport of water skiing, then they are a special kind of kid....and in that case, I hope they can wade through some of my shortcomings, to find and learn things that get them fired up about this life on the water.

• Baller
As a serial "f bomber" myself, I have to agree with @lhoover and @MarcusBrown you know how much a fan of yours I am (a huge one, in case you weren't clear on that). My personal opinion is that an f bomb should be reserved for rare occasions to convey the severity and seriousness of something that absolutely needs conveying and not just sprinkled into casual conversation with no particular emphasis. That said I love all your podcasts and every time you drop an f bomb I think to myself "yeah, I probably would've said it the same way", but knowing that I shouldn't. I f bomb more than ever these days watching the news at night. My dog does not like it.

• Baller
@MarcusBrown thanks for all the FlowPoint episodes. I really enjoy watching them. Can’t help but think what an awesome life you live! Your passion for the sport and what you do to get more young people involved is commendable. Would love to ski with you some day if you ever get up to Wa state. The Wednesday night crew would be honored to have you join us at Bow lake some Wednesday during the season. Thanks for all your hard work with the FlowPoint series!

• Baller
Thanks @MarcusBrown for your response, and your pledge to do better going forward. I really appreciate your passion and commitment to our sport! We’re all lucky to have people like you and @Luzz, telling the stories, and highlighting those who have, and are, shaping our version of “life on the water”.

• Baller_

Thanks all, for the words of encouragement! It really does help people like @Luzz and I to hear that you guys are enjoying this stuff....cuz it takes a time commitment and sometimes you wonder if its all worth it or not.

So here's another one: Chris Parrish, from the Syndicate Team testing session last fall. Hope you guys enjoy. Let me know who/what you'd like to see/hear more of on the FlowPointTV interview series.

• Baller

Just watched the Wade Cox episode. That was the best one yet. I'mm one of those old dudes (55) who watch those duels between Wade and Andy. It is so great to hear Wade talk about his life, his relationship with Andy, and how you looked up to him as a young skier.

Bravo Marcus!

• Baller

@MarcusBrown watched both of these recently. Watched your Wade Cox one couple of days ago. And just got done watching Chris Parrish one. Both amazing. I think I’m same age as you (I’m 42) and I have the Waterski Magazine when you guys (You, TW, CP) where in your teens or early 20s, all 3 of u on the cover, i think it was titled “Young Guns”......

The Terry Winter interview was awesome. What an awesome guy and skier....

Blown away on the Wade interview, hell i was getting choked up watching you and Wade getting choked up and then again when talking about AM. Wow, Wade is amazing person and one of best skiers. CP interview was awesome too.

It would be great to meet you, Wade, TW, CP, Willie, Regina, Bob, shit the list goes on and on. I’m in St. Louis, MO but i need to get my happy ass to a tournament to meet all of you.... Besides that i would love to get in a boat with you or TW or Wade or CP, etc.... to get some lessons, but also watch you guys.

I think it would be awesome to see camera turned around and someone interview you. Just an idea.

in all these interviews, with Wade, TW, CP, Willie, Freddie, etc.... And other videos of the pros, all have same thing in common besides amazing high level skier, is everyone is down to earth great people....

I still go back and rewatch any video of you or TW, or any of you pros on YouTube to continue to get advice and try it when my wife and I take our kids to the lake to ski. My daughter (12) and son (10) are going to a waterski camp here thats about 1 1/2 hours away this summer for week long slalom ski camp. They’ve each been slalom skiing since they both turned 8. They are now at a great point to go to this camp to dial up their slalom skills.

Thanks Marcus for all you do for our sport —— this History of it, present, and future...

Respectfully,

Moski

• Baller

@MuskokaKy — cool. Will watch that one of Luzz. Hell yeah, one with Jamie B would be badass. He’s awesome like all the others.

Definitely Manon would be great as well Regina, Whitney, also let’s take it back to Kristi Overton Johnson, Deena mapple

Watched the Karina Nowlan, that was great interview.

• Baller_

Here's another FPTV episode for you all...this time, its Mr. WaterSki Podcast himself, @Luzz

Hope you all get something out of this one!

Matteo Luzzeri is professional water skier (Team Syndicate), tournament organizer (San Gervasio ProAm, Italy) and pretty much has his PhD in Sports Psychology...he's also got his own podcast: The Water Ski Podcast - http://www.thewaterskipodcast.com/

This past September, MB sat down with Matteo in the Motorhome for this little chat.