Kong

• Baller
OK, I am not trying overwhelm everybody with new boat advice on color combos as I have already seen these discussions on here (don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy them and like seeing everyone's boats.) I have changed my mind probably just short of a thousand times already. I put my deposit on a new 2020 ProStar and am asking for advice on the interior vinyl. Cool Feel or regular vinyl. Maybe this can help me start narrowing things down before I run out of time! Thanks in advance guys.

• Members

Head over to MC TeamTalk forum if you have not yet and look over there. Many threads about Cool Feel and some of the issues that some have had, harder to clean and some having popping issues (could be older models). Others have had good success with it.

From what I have read the tech works well but I think would suit all day boating (large wake boats) more that what a typical ski boat would see.

Currently have navy blue cool feel in our 2018 prostar and absolutely love it. Boat has 315 hours and the interior is like new. When I order a new MasterCraft it will definitely have the cool feel interior. Traditional interior got so hot we always had to be careful especially when our kids were little. Most of the time we would use towels to cover traditional interior to keep it cool. Never once covered our cool feel. Hope this helps.

• Baller
My plan is to go with a mostly white interior which is kind of why I am thinking about cool feel. Not really because of the fact it would stay cooler, because hey, white is white, but because the interior may be a little plain, so this would add some texture. I was concerned about it being harder to clean and about the "popping" I read about on Team Talk, so I decided to ask here. Seems to be quite a few of people here with the newer ProStars. Expanding the sample size here, so to speak.

• Administrators
I have had 2 ProStars with the Cool Feel. Both were great. My normal boats come with off white and grey so it is not needed but if I was getting dark colors I would get the Cool Feel for sure.

• Baller
I'd suggest that you solicit input from people who own boats for more than a year past new. The original owner of my boat probably thought that the carbon fiber looking accents in my upholstery were a good idea, they held up for a couple of years.