Moomba news

Horton

• Baller
Guys you gotta understand the mindset of a athlete and how that person feels with there equipment. Yes Manon is on the GT and it’s the same ski she just won the world title on. So she probably feels super confident on that ski and if I had just the world title on it too in really tough conditions just like Moomba I’d probably ride the same ski. I’m not barking back at anyone I’m just giving my 2 cents what her thought process was going into Moomba. Let her enjoy her first Moomba title ! Congrats Manon

• Baller

I forgot to shout out Louisa Jaramillo who also was amazing in the Women's Slalom. She is only 17!!! Cold off the dock run off and she takes home the bronze! amazing!

( even though i had Paige in my bracket)

Without starting controversy, I would argue the future of women's slalom is as strong as ever and maybe even set up better then men's at the moment.

P.S. Whoever ran the webcast; it's spelled, COLOMBIA

• Baller

@MuskokaKy 'Thankyew, thankyew; I'm here all week...'

Yeah, I'll bet Felipe M wasn't much impressed either.

Yesterday's webcast was without audio starting out during Wms Slalom; I sent Jerrod a 'whatup?' text...and then audio came on about 2 mins later. Wonder - were they self-muted?!? (ROFL)

• Baller
Thought the overall performance of Benjamin Stadlbaur was amazing. Watched him at Swiss preparing for the event and he was so focused. Opting up from 32 to 38 and running 39 on the Yarrow was just awesome skiing. What a great competitor and skier. Of course every skier who makes it to Moomba is a great skier. Congrats to them all.

@CParrish43 ...Wasn't questioning her choice to run a ski she likes. I'm barely mediocre at this sport and I stick with what I am comfortable on as well. It was more of a marketing question than anything. I guess I should have stated that in my initial post. Really enjoyed your FP interview by the way.

• Baller
I love the corporate support the Moomba Masters seems to get. I let Dewalt know it, even if Dewalt Australia is technically a different division of the company. I’m looking at some new tools right now, nothing but Dewalt for me. It helps that their tools are pretty damn good but others are too, and they don’t support skiing on any level. Support the companies that support skiing! And let them know why

• Baller
Moomba is a Great Promotion for the sport, people accept the conditions, unlike the worlds, @aupatking thumbs up, there you go, we want sponsors, just proves they do not have to be in the water sport business, perhaps we are missing a point here, perhaps we need to let sponsors know that we do other things around and outside of the sport, I guess a lot of water skiers have quite a lot of tools or equipment at home, we are the sort of people who do stuff, not many of us sit around like couch potatoes.

• Baller

@Geppetto ... This has been a Great Thread and I hate to see it go into a Negative direction....Masterline is a great company that fully supports our sport. They are also a Sponsor for BOS. I personally use their ropes and handles because of their quality and performance, and will continue to do so.