Bindings change

Cam

• Baller

Is there any rule of thumb when changing from rubber to a hard shell or vice versa on the difference of DFT, I heard years ago to move bindings forward when going to a hard shell.

I have been on Reflex style front for almost 20 years but tried a T-Factor last year and liked it but a ball 5 offside OTF on my last pass made me think it was too far forward.

• Baller

Upper cuff mobility is really I think your parameter. Black cuff reflex to T factor I'd think you are gaining ankle flexibility so would think you'd maybe be able to flex your front ankle more and get more forwards so possibly you'll move back. Where as if you were able to stay forwards in the reflex you will be losing cuff pressure in a rubber and you'd need to move forwards....

I'd toss some blue tape on the ski and Mark where my ankle bone is, set the new boot there and then adjust

• Baller
The position of your heal is what matters. The space between the back of a hard shell with a liner and the heal of your foot is likely 3/8". Thus your foot probably will be 3/8" further forward in a hard shell than in a rubber binding.