Hot Sell on SIA

MuskokaKy

• Baller

I can hear the conversation right now, it goes something like this.

"I have had so many calls from people wanting to buy this boat if you are really interested and want it, I need you to transfer $500/$1000 to my personal account straight away to secure it"

OH YEAH !

• Baller
Background of the photos is suspicious. Maybe if it was in somebody's garage or out building....maybe But all white curtain backdrops? And an add that's ripe with "must sell now". That boat at that price needs no excessive verbiage to sell. Smells like fish.

• Baller

@liquid d most guys i know actually liked the 5.7 better for slalom. i know my jumping buddies like the 6 but the 5.6 skis amazing. But i also never skied behind the big boy.

For 29.5k if you can travel and have some cash i think its a sweet deal. Would serve someone on here well that's forsure.

• Baller

@MDB1056 what a surprise ! these scams usually listed for a short period, they either catch 4 to 6 people or they realise they have been sussed, I have seen this sort of thing, with Cars, Rv,s you name it, sometimes they are just looking for 200 at a time but it all adds up.

Usually also find that you cannot get to talk to them, always answer phone, but they come back to you on Whatsapp with some excuse that they cannot use the phone because they work for the military or police and are out in the field on exercise, something like that, initially it sounds very plausible, almost got caught myself once, but if you keep asking questions, generally at some point the Red Flag pops up.

• Baller_

I sent the guy a message about buying it, and got no response, but Larry @ SIA is on top of things, and here's what he sent me yesterday :

** UPDATE ***

A few of you have responded to our inquiry … thank you.

Two have received a reply from STEVE stating he has a buyer coming to look at it.

This is a positive sign, as most scams will never turn down an offer and usually ask you to send cash to hold it.

Hopefully this is one of those real “too good to be true” situations and STEVE simply needs a quick sale.

Therefore, if you are the buyer he has agreed to meet with, please realize the posting had a few flags causing SIA to review the posting. Please contact SIA if you are the buyer and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again all … stay safe!

LarryG

Lawrence L Greene, Manager

SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM, LLC

My guess is that it sold quickly, and someone got a great deal. If someone hears anything else let us know.

After all, the BOS Forum is the "Official Grapevine of the Water Skiing World"

• Baller_
Just saying some counties have a stay at home orders that can be enforced. Folks can only venture out for certain things like food, meds and Doc appointments. Boat in tow seems outside that purview. Prob won’t be bothered but ...maybe.

• Baller_

Greetings SIA Patron,

Wanted to give an update on posting you recently responded to: SIA54696, 2013 Ski Nautique CB200.

After additional investigation into this posting, SIA has decided to formally remove the posting and ban the individual's email address.

The poster, STEVE, responded to SIA (using the name ERIC) but would not provide the information requested.

ERIC said he was referred by an individual who extensively uses SIA down in that area. As it happens, SIA is very familiar with that individual, so we called him. Our contact was not familiar with the name, address, phone number, email, or the boat. This individual also checked with his contacts closer to Pompano Beach, and the information was foreign to them as well.

All this could still be circumstantial, but too many flags are waving for SIA to allow this posting.

Should you see this boat pop-up on Craigslist or iBoats, please proceed with caution. It may be legitimate but all our resources have been exhausted, since ERIC would not provide the information requested.

To the patron who initially reported this posting, thank you. SIA does its best to monitor for such postings, but in the end, YOU ALL are our true eyes and ears.

Thank you for using the SIA website and have a safe Sunday.

LarryG

Lawrence L Greene, Manager

SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM, LLC

• Baller

According to the Florida executive order for shelter in place it allows recreational activities; look at section 3.A.ii. While I didn't do much other fact checking, to me that says you should be able to take your boat to the lake. It even outlines fishing as an example activity.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-91.pdf