Introducing WORLD WATERSKI LEAGUE

jayski

• Baller

aagbiapg2kwk.jpg

Interested in competing but don't want to travel, don't want to expend the monies for tournament fees, accommodations and fuel? Tired of the confines of regulatory bodies or just want to try something different?

The World Waterski League lets you be a competitor anywhere and anytime you choose to be. Ski at your home lake, a public lake, a private lake, any place with a course! All you need to do is simply video your 'tournament' style ski set with clear views of the skier passing through the gates, round the buoys and a shot of the end course time after each pass and submit the video to be place on the rankings list! Or if you do ski in a sanctioned tournament from any national organization you can submit your scores with a simple picture of the score sheet or a screen shot of your score! Our rankings list is a running average of your submitted scores and is ability based, not gender specific, and does not require membership with any national organization.

Just go to Team App with the link below and search World Waterski League and get the App to start

https://www.teamapp.com

Check out the "serious stuff" button and get the low down on how it all works!

ANNNNND for ease of access for all the Ballers you can hit the "Chatter/Gossip/BS" button and it'll take you right here to Ball Of Spray!

• Baller

I think this is a great idea to compete with my buddies that I normally can’t attend the same tournament as. Just as soon as I can melt this ice in the arctic I will post some drysuit video. Never had the chance to post scores in a drysuit before.

• Baller
@adamhcaldwell no not necessarily you can just send vids (scores) via email or email screen shots of scores from a actual tournament score sheet. This season is effectively from Oct 1/19 to Aug 31/20 so any tourney scores from last fall can be submitted

• Baller

Suggestion: Google Photos allows for sharing of files publicly, including video. It also allows for unlimited storage of video files.

Get an older phone that doesn't have optical image stabilization.

Get a pylon camera mount.

Use Wakeye app to automatically record each pass.

After your pass, take phone somewhere it has decent wifi to sync video to the cloud.

For a pass you'd like to submit, in Google Photos, click on the video, and "share to public album."

Copy the video URL and include it in your submission.

If using an older phone, the video should be plenty clear in most cases to see buoys. For anyone wishing to time, the audio should easily pick up the beeps from the ZeroOff or PerfectPass.

All you need to get started is a gmail account.

This is how my ski buddies back in WI and I share ski videos and coach each-other remotely.

• Baller
Is this app still active? The video link stated that the The team subscription has expired. I think this is a great idea and would love to get my ski friends going on this, as well as have a new method of competing virtually.