How important is club insurance

jayski

• Baller

Curious as to how folks feel about the availability of club insurance from USA waterski.

Is a yearly club insurance a high priority and utilized?

Is event insurance considered a high priority?

If you have outside insurance already is the event insurance included with the tournament sanction redundant?

Do clubs generally use USA waterski for Club insurance or go elsewhere?

• Baller_
We have a general policy with a local company that is a general liability and property protection. We don’t have enough USA members to host events any more but when we did we relied on the USA policy for practice sanction and event sanction.

• Baller_

@jayski, I guess I answered your questions about clubs using the USA Water Ski insurance or going elsewhere for club coverage. We went elsewhere and I heard we saved about $3000 for just plain club insurance. It was a very high priority for our club president and site owner.

We use the insurance for events via the USA Water Ski sanction. I don't believe we would run any event unsanctioned or without some specific confirmation that the club insurance would cover it. I do not know if our club policy already covers event insurance, but our club prefers to run sanctioned events anyway. We haven't been concerned if the USA Water Ski insurance is redundant or not.

As @wawaskr mentioned, one benefit of our own policy versus one through USA Water Ski is that our club is open and operating right now. I've already been skiing twice and have the next 3 days planned for skiing already.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
We have had SportInsurance for about 6 years now. It is REAL insurance unlike the USA Waterski insurance. My insurance agent went through the USA Waterski policy and could not believe how limited and expensive it is. Like Mi skier is saying, save over 2/3 the money for real insurance.

• Baller_
The big question is has anyone filed any claims and how was the end result? It would be nice to hear some stories about claims and results with the USA policy and also club insurance policy’s from other companies like sports insurance or lake associations policy’s.