Fluid motion revo 500

• Baller

I've not met anyone using this yet maybe @Luzz may have tried them?

All that's going on is that there is a delrin ledge screwed into the back of the boot, a ratchet buckle that has a section of rubber tubing over it is held in place vertically by a section of dacron so that when you ratchet it in the rubber tubing presses onto the heel ledge to constrain the boot.

You can basically think of it as a friction based system as opposed to the silvretta style where there is a spring that holds a plastic clip in place (like a mousetrap) - in silvretta releases when the pressure overcomes the force that the spring provides holding the latch in place it pops, on a revo 500 when you overcome the friction you pop past the hose and you're out.

I don't think its a bad idea - but on the flip side it adds all that aluminum bracket to hold the strap. When I stopped using my FM quattros TO move away from a rear boot I considered this system but went to MOB.

• Baller
@cadeltaskier I tested the 500 two or three years ago. The release system makes sense to me. However, I was struggling to find the right set up of the buckle system to create appropriate friction in the back. I am a firm believer of the EVO release system and love for the binding to be one with the ski, so I reverted back to the EVO fairly quickly. Admittedly, I didn't take more than 6-8 sets with the 500.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
@Luzz what buckle setup do you prefer for the Evo bindings? I have been looking at these for a while but have been unsure about the release system and fitment of the bindings. Started thinking about the Revo 500 but after hearing this might just go with the Evo's.

• Baller
@PacMan I prefer the standard cuff (just one buckle) and a buckle on the shell. I personally don't use the Z-lock, tho that's what people should use to be safe. I use a regular buckle but not to tighten the shell on my foot. I use it to make the shell slightly stiffer, i.e., it doesn't give as much as if I only had bungee. At the same time, I have used only bungee in the shell and felt little/no difference. What biding are you currently using?

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
@Luzz Don't laugh, I'm currently using dual Animals lol. I've been thinking about trying the rear Evo hybrid but was struggling with what to pair it with for the front. Or maybe just dual Evo's.