What do you do after skiing?

cougfan

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew celebrated Doug’s 62 birthday tonight at Bow lake. Dave barbecued a lamb roast along with homemade rhubarb sauce. I made a red potato salad and homemade ice cream with chopped up peanuts and Hershey’s bars. Ken brought appetizers. 2 of our wives and Doug’s son joined us. What a great night of skiing and fellowship with absolutely the greatest group of friends to ski and hang out with! I love Wednesday nights n1zrxmc31y3v.jpeg

hnquaj6npfks.jpeg

s6pa2vkh208t.jpeg

7fgep8va8m47.jpeg

rsh1rb4hdq36.jpeg

3lvpdr1cqjd5.jpeg

owzss5s85a6s.jpeg

8vm6kikw5gwq.jpeg

4fuqnq9oa9ys.jpeg

2666lkbqna1y.jpeg

• Baller
@Bulldog that is what our typical Wednesday night looks like. We ski for 2-3hrs than enjoy a themed meal and each others company for the rest of the night. The social aspect of our group is just as important as the skiing. That is what makes this

• Baller_
Just a warning - for anyone that attends the Wed Night Men's Dinner Club - we do not eat until we're full, we eat until we're tired. The most amazing thing is after all that chow, Doug often finishes the night with a barefoot run or two! Haven't seen him feed the fish yet!! And yes, the only thing better than the food and the skiing is the great fellowship.

• Baller

This week the Wednesday night crew celebrated @Rednucleus 62 birthday with a Malaysian feast! We started off with Ken’s assorted fruit had spring rolls, pot stickers and lumpia for appetizers then for the main course clay pot chicken, chicken feet, garlic noodles, won ton soup and purple rice. Finished things off with a German chocolate cake made by @Rednucleus wife topped with my homemade rocky road ice cream. What a night! Oh yes we did ski before hand. No more birthday celebrations til Ken’s in July. Now it will just be our “regular menu” til then?

Here is the birthday boy enjoying some chicken feetr9i6ec91pfi1.jpeg

wwigicp3cwee.jpeg

l8hejj3qbd8a.jpeg

• Baller
@DaveD actually that is a typical Wednesday night for us at Bow lake. Every week is a different theme dinner from plain old bbq burgers to our annual seafood boil to breakfast for dinner to wing night to our ever popular bacon fest. We make our ski time together an event and are there to ski as much as for the fellowship! Everyone of us agrees that Wednesday is the best night of the week. The Wednesday night crew is the best bunch of guys to ski and hang out with. We make skiing fun! There is an open invitation for any baller to joins us if you ever get up to this part of the great PNW

• Baller_

@DaveD need pics to verify please! Our Wed nights are lots of fun and are my "mental health reset" for the week. Gotta go now so we can plan next week's menu. My clinic staff surprised me with tongue tacos today - one of our Wed night favorites.

As always, you are all invited to any of our Wed night feasts! @cougfan will just need to make lots more ice cream.

• Baller
@Rednucleus how could I have forgotten tongue tacos? Shame on me! So many great meals hard to remember them all? 4 weeks to our lake Curlew adventure get ready to ski ski ski and eat eat eat and enjoy some much needed time off from the daily grind

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew celebrated another Wednesday night at Bow lake with a taco feed featuring pulled pork, chicken, carne asada and tongue along with home made guacamole, tamales and finished off with home made triple berry ice cream. The owner of the lake gave us all hoodies ?? so now we all match?. Only 2 weeks til our annual trip to lake Curlewvsdt51i3mdcj.jpeg

0e0s51h82mdq.jpeg

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew celebrated tonight with plain old fashioned bbq hamburgers with bacon, cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, sautéed onions and bbq sauce, mustard and ketchup along with French fries and tater tots. O yes we had a salad with greens from @Rednucleus garden and radishes from my garden. Finished things off with home made rhubarb bars and whipped cream. Just a simple meal after an evening of skiing with your best friends.

By the way we did celebrate Malibu night at Bow lake with the two boats both being there because Doug’s Sportster broke a throttle cable just as we were getting started. Good thing I only live 15 min away and was able to make the quick trip home to get my Sunsetter LXI. Only one more week to go til our lake Curlew trip! Til next week?kgpjjxs1kcjz.jpeg

crvp0fw7hf9v.jpeg

602hot6gtk0h.jpeg

9315ptpstshp.jpeg

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew had just a regular old Wednesday night with a dinner of smoked pork butt sandwiches with grilled onions, cauliflower casserole, coleslaw and finished things off with vanilla ice cream and rhubarb bars. Another great night of skiing and hanging out with your best friends on probably the best weather night of the year so far! Off to lake Curlew Friday for a week skiing for the Wednesday night crew. Can you say “road trip”? Should be a great time with lots off good food and fellowship and plenty of skiing. Stay tuned for reports 4gv3zycktq6d.jpeg

bp7pi8n5c6d1.jpeg

pkouy6q7afif.jpeg

k4f6zw8ky7z0.jpeg

jx6cw2ri4hpk.jpeg

ufye3rytryt4.jpeg

• Baller

I ski on a big public lake so the only time we get calm water to ski is first thing in the morning. Often we're on the dock at 7 am. For the last 30+ years it has been our longstanding tradition to finish off either sitting out on my friend's dock to enjoy the morning sun or sitting in his hot tub just off the beach to enjoy the bubbles. In either case, we do it while having a couple of coffee and Baileys. These are shots of me enjoying a post-ski coffee and Baileys.

xzoxojtc8sp2.jpg

eagpqbh7sv82.jpg

After we've had our coffee and Baileys, I will jump in my boat, head home, fire up some breaky and start my day. It's all very civilized you know. :*

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew celebrated another birthday tonight with Ken turning 64. We had another Malaysian feed provided by Allison an employee of @Rednucleus. On the menu were pig head, pig trotters, glass noodles, duck soup tongue tacos and some kind of rice dish that I can’t pronounce or spell?. Then finished off with fresh strawberry home made ice cream and cake. Another great night of skiing eating and fellowship! What a great group of friends!c3nsonotmbk1.jpeg

3geapjys8zaa.jpeg

71zfetomtbu4.jpeg

fj4zaselgoio.jpeg

• Baller

The Wednesday night crew was back at it again today. Started the day off with some free skiing at Big lake minus @Rednucleus then skied our usual time slot at Bow lake and finished things off with another great meal! Had Ken’s bbq chicken hindquarters, potato salad, Swiss chard greens, pork fried rice, plain fried rice with veggies and finished things off with a blueberry-goat cheese-hazelnut pie and homemade ice cream. Another great day of skiing eating and fellowship with my best friends! Can’t wait to do it again next weeknqmt7kdtkv96.jpeg

rum9af63l2a8.jpeg

js5484e3nxql.jpeg

qzz0d8uw8tsc.jpeg

dl1be3z0aut2.jpeg

xibczcul1h36.jpeg

n6537vwkajem.jpeg

zz3u8j3u0247.jpeg

• Baller

I've been skiing a lot in the very early morning because we're on a public lake, so usually coffee afterwards, and then work.

It's summertime now, but when the ice is just off the lake, the coffee comes with me to the hot tub...

6mt4n0xiiyg2.jpg

OK maybe that's a little before ski season :smiley:

• Baller

1/2 of the Wednesday night crew free skied Clear lake yesterday minus Ken and @Rednucleus but one of my daughters joined us for some warm water sunny sky only boat on the lake skiing?

Finished the day off by skiing our usual Wednesday night time slot at Bow lake with @Rednucleus joining us along with another friend Tyler. He is a barefoot maniac!

Had one of our favorite meals to end the night beef tongue tacos along with shrimp tacos, collard greens salad, Asian salad, home made guacamole and chips, cheesy noodles. And for desert gf brownies, gf carrot cake, gf ginger snap cookies and home made vanilla ice cream with Marion berry sauce and blueberry sauce. Oh yes we did have margaritas to wash things down?

We were joined for dinner by @Rednucleus wife and daughter his brother-in-law his employee Allison and my wife.

Another fantastic night of great skiing super food and even better fellowship. It doesn’t get any better than this!e57oty5dq7bb.jpeg

n8a45ow97f6p.jpeg

qhgobd5wtrre.jpeg

kpwnvg89vfx6.jpeg

xhol2ok1it4g.jpeg